Purple Rangers top confirmed as new 3rd strip

The hazy/fuzzy pixelation around the 32Red and other logos are common image compression artifacts, they don't mean it's been faked. It's to do with what's termed lossy data compression and quantization errors.

When added to the fact that on neither picture the logos follow the contours of the strip says fake to me. The newspaper looks like an old story to me also.bottom right corner looks like writing fuzzed out can you make out what it says?

Edited by trublusince1982

When added to the fact that on neither picture the logos follow the contours of the strip says fake to me.

The logos on both photos do indeed follow the contours. There's no glaring shadows on the white logos because of the lighting, but if you look closely you can see undulations and bends in the shapes of the 32Red lettering.

The newspaper looks like an old story to me also.bottom right corner looks like writing fuzzed out can you make out what it says?

There appears to be two semi-transparent watermarks on that photo, but because of the image compression it's such a low quality image that it's very difficult to make out what the watermarks say. What I can say though, is that the wierd shape on the newspaper which someone on here mentioned looked like an alien, is actually IMO a football. When you rotate the image 180 degrees it clearly looks like a football which is being slightly distorted by the overlayed watermark.

The logos on both photos do indeed follow the contours. There's no glaring shadows on the white logos because of the lighting, but if you look closely you can see undulations and bends in the shapes of the 32Red lettering.

There appears to be two semi-transparent watermarks on that photo, but because of the image compression it's such a low quality image that it's very difficult to make out what the watermarks say. What I can say though, is that the wierd shape on the newspaper which someone on here mentioned looked like an alien, is actually IMO a football. When you rotate the image 180 degrees it clearly looks like a football which is being slightly distorted by the overlayed watermark.

you could be right mate really hope your not! The pack at the side unopened does give weight to its veracity

you could be right mate really hope your not! The pack at the side unopened does give weight to its veracity

Yep, the package at the side has a purple tint inside it and a Rangers label.

That is horrendous. Considering the Adidas Purple from 1994-95 was one of my favourites I was hoping for better here. Shocking design.

I belive you're referring to the two tone purple strip we wore against Partick Thistle at Firhill that season.

At the AGM in the Autumn I said that it was embarassing to watch our team run out in it and that it must have doubly embarassing for the players to have to wear it. (Why we needed to change colours v Partick Thistle was a mystery itself.) I concluded by saying that the Glasgow Rangers should always play in some combination of red, white and blue. This drew thunderous applause, if I say so myself. Mr Murray replied by saying that if that was the view of the "body of the kirk" then he would abide by it. I don't think we wore it again.

Unless we plan on fielding 11 goalkeepers, this monstrosity should be consigned to the same dustbin.

I belive you're referring to the two tone purple strip we wore against Partick Thistle at Firhill that season.

At the AGM in the Autumn I said that it was embarassing to watch our team run out in it and that it must have doubly embarassing for the players to have to wear it. (Why we needed to change colours v Partick Thistle was a mystery itself.) I concluded by saying that the Glasgow Rangers should always play in some combination of red, white and blue. This drew thunderous applause, if I say so myself. Mr Murray replied by saying that if that was the view of the "body of the kirk" then he would abide by it. I don't think we wore it again.

Unless we plan on fielding 11 goalkeepers, this monstrosity should be consigned to the same dustbin.

Ah, the good old days when an AGM could consider such unimportant details instead of what we have had to endure since the turn of the Century. While I would agree with your point regarding RW&B strips, it can not go without comment that the most popular strip in our history was the orange one. The sight of Hampden 75% resplendent in Orange at our National cup final was quite a sight to behold, and showed that tops outwith our "traditional" colours can be successful if done properly.

Clearly, the purple monstrosity is not an example of that.

Well I would say that is a Neanderthal type opinion as a 3rd strip can be any colour or design with the except of green or hoops for the obvious reasons. But everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Our home colours should always remain but I quite like a different 3rd kit and the black one the other season was also to my liking.

IIRC the purple kit was originally for European away games.