I think Warburton prefers a pacey striker who can run in behind, so a big strong presence is not necessary. I don't mind a big strong presence as long as they can play one-twos and other more intricate things, which I also think Warburton likes -- the midfielders are always running at the defenders so one would think a link-up striker would be beneficial.

It's not the most exciting but I can see Miller filling that role. Clark could also, if he could only learn to control the bloody ball instead of letting it bonce off him 10 yards! I wish someone would hit hard passes close to him and let him practice controlling it.

GK- Bell ,Foderingham

DEF- Zaliukas, Mcgregor, Wallace, Wilson, Keirnan

MID- Law, Crawford, Murdoch, Templeton, Aird, Shiels, Walsh, Gallagher

ST- Miller, Clark

Youths likely to step up- Gasparotto, Mckay, Hardie, Stoney

Expected signings- Wabara, Eustace

Needed-(not inc back up positions just first team starters needed) Right back(Wabara) Right mid Def mid(Eustace) Strikerx2 (miller doubtful he has another season in him)

Players that past performances deem unlikely to hold down first 11 spots(if not all of them!) - Aird, Clark, Miller, Templeton ,Crawford

With 20 days to go until we start our competitive campaign anyone else concerned with our recruitment so far?

For me the squad even with the inclusion of the likely signings of Eustace and Wabara is not remotely near good enough to either play in front of 45.000-50,000 or win the league with any sort of comfort. The next signings will need to be of a calibre that can carry the rest.

How many loan players do you think we will utilise if we sign say 7/8?

GK- Bell ,Foderingham

DEF- Zaliukas, Mcgregor, Wallace, Wilson, Keirnan

MID- Law, Crawford, Murdoch, Templeton, Aird, Shiels, Walsh, Gallagher

ST- Miller, Clark

Youths likely to step up- Gasparotto, Mckay, Hardie, Stoney

Expected signings- Wabara, Eustace

Needed-(not inc back up positions just first team starters needed) Right back(Wabara) Right mid Def mid(Eustace) Strikerx2 (miller doubtful he has another season in him)

Players that past performances deem unlikely to hold down first 11 spots(if not all of them!) - Aird, Clark, Miller, Templeton ,Crawford

With 20 days to go until we start our competitive campaign anyone else concerned with our recruitment so far?

For me the squad even with the inclusion of the likely signings of Eustace and Wabara is not remotely near good enough to either play in front of 45.000-50,000 or win the league with any sort of comfort. The next signings will need to be of a calibre that can carry the rest.

How many loan players do you think we will utilise if we sign say 7/8?

What were you expecting? I'm not overwhelmed but I'm not disappointed either. It's a pragmatic approach which is needed at this stage. There's still a long time to go. I remember we were in a much worse situation when we were preparing for out first season in the Third Division.

Moreover, it's a team game, so it really doesn't matter that we haven't signed any top-class individuals as long as the ones we have signed work and play well as a team.

I think Warburton prefers a pacey striker who can run in behind, so a big strong presence is not necessary. I don't mind a big strong presence as long as they can play one-twos and other more intricate things, which I also think Warburton likes -- the midfielders are always running at the defenders so one would think a link-up striker would be beneficial.

It's not the most exciting but I can see Miller filling that role. Clark could also, if he could only learn to control the bloody ball instead of letting it bonce off him 10 yards! I wish someone would hit hard passes close to him and let him practice controlling it.

A new striker is a must.

What were you expecting? I'm not overwhelmed but I'm not disappointed either. It's a pragmatic approach which is needed at this stage. There's still a long time to go. I remember we were in a much worse situation when we were preparing for out first season in the Third Division.

Moreover, it's a team game, so it really doesn't matter that we haven't signed any top-class individuals as long as the ones we have signed work and play well as a team.

Expected a better level of signing and to be further along than we currently are. Had hoped to see the signings we expect to start in the first 11 in place in time for a full pre season(gk RB, DM RM ST). Don't expect the squad to be the finished article but had hoped we would have a team in place good enough to win the championship with a bit of ease.

Had also hoped to see us spend a bit of money, wasn't expecting a lot just not to be relying once again on a team of freebies .

Had also hoped we would mainly stay away from the English market, don't think you get as big a bang for your buck.

Expected a better level of signing and to be further along than we currently are. Had hoped to see the signings we expect to start in the first 11 in place in time for a full pre season(gk RB, DM RM ST). Don't expect the squad to be the finished article but had hoped we would have a team in place good enough to win the championship with a bit of ease.

I think it's very unusual to have an entire squad replaced in time for a full pre-season. I will admit to expecting a few more. But I think we've done good business. Like I said, I'm not overwhelmed, but I'm certainly not disappointed. Plenty of time left. And, we've got a few guys close to signing and another couple training with us (IIRC?), so I suppose we do technically have a few more in for a 'full pre-season'. I think we've improved the squad. We do need more numbers though.

Had also hoped to see us spend a bit of money, wasn't expecting a lot just not to be relying once again on a team of freebies .

I agree. I'm not concerned though -- I think we've done good business so far. I would expect to see a bit a money spent over the next couple of weeks.

Had also hoped we would mainly stay away from the English market, don't think you get as big a bang for your buck.

That is certainly true, but we've hardly spent anything so I don't think that matters. What does matter is that the standard of player in the lower leagues in England are better than the Scottish Premiership -- IMO. Your statement surprised me because I thought we were all looking for transfers from England, instead of Scottish transfers. I suppose you are right though.

Edited by Rousseau

I think it's very unusual to have an entire squad replaced in time for a full pre-season. I will admit to expecting a few more. But I think we've done good business. Like I said, I'm not overwhelmed, but I'm certainly not disappointed. Plenty of time left. And, we've got a few guys close to signing and another couple training with us (IIRC?), so I suppose we do technically have a few more in for a 'full pre-season'. I think we've improved the squad. We do need more numbers though.

I agree. I'm not concerned though -- I think we've done good business so far. I would expect to see a bit a money spent over the next couple of weeks.

That is certainly true, but we've hardly spent anything so I don't think that matters. What does matter is that the standard of player in the lower leagues in England are better than the Scottish Premiership -- IMO. Your statement surprised me because I thought we were all looking for transfers from England, instead of Scottish transfers. I suppose you are right though.

Dont expect the full squad to be in place just the key positions.

Don't think we have improved the squad so far. Wilson and keirnan might play the ball from the back better but i don't think they will help us concede any less. Wabara don't rate, will get up the park hopefully his final ball will be an improvement but not so sure about that. Eustace will make the centre of midfield stronger in defence than black did but only if he can play enough games. If they get in wink or thompson to play when he is unfit that could work well. Other than that we still for me will be too weak at the back especially at set pieces and still have the same problems in midfield and up front. Nobody with any courage who wants the ball moving forward and nobody who can get fans excited.

If we add eustace and wabara to the three already signed for me the five players make a very limited difference to quality of the starting 11. still need 5 more signings to play in the starting 11 to improve things. Winks or thompson could make a difference both look for the ball and show the kind of bravery in possession we have been sorely missing. They need players around them who will run into space and play wide and in front of the ball.

Its not just the transfer fees in England its the wages. For £6-8k a week I think you can attract a better calibre player from say holland, france , germany etc than you will get for the same money in England. Don't agree the players in the lower leagues in England where we are shopping and at the price we are buying at are better than those in scotland ,both sets for me are not good enough. Obviously there is always the odd bargain who can play at the level needed but for the majority to be purchased from that market leaves me concerned.

Hopefully as you say the best is yet to come.

The problem is probably our lack of scouts, but it's not overly concerning me because Mark Warburton said he was looking for players who would add 'value' to the squad and it seems as if that's exactly what he's doing. The 3 signings he's made so far could potentially have good sell on values and they clearly add values in other ways too, so the 'value' buzz word needn't necessarily be taken literally.