Adam is a highlight reel player - watch him on match of the day and you wonder why top teams dont want to sign him... watch the full 90 mins then you understand why.

Still think he was good enough for us but he is not even close to being as good as some people hold him up to be.

McCormack was a good player and would have been good enough for us but was never give 1. time and 2. a run of games. Although I always thought he was really lightweight for the Scottish leagues but that could just have been down to his age when he was with us...

I think he is ultimately an average English Premiership player. He has found his level at Stoke. That level is absolutely light years ahead of Scottish football.

Reading the story in the sun today has me wondering how big a part Warburton had in identifying players. Sounds like he had final say rather than uncovering prospects. Would explain why we are still using the same old agents to put players forward with no new players that were either already known to us or played for Warburton before. Had expected talent we hadn't heard of before from far afield.

Mcormack needed us to release him to get it into his head that talent only takes you so far. He was a waster at rangers.

Don't really understand how you can say that about a guy that played a dozen games over 3 years all before he was 20 years old.

If anything it shows our incompetence even back then on recognising talent when it was right in front of our face.

Don't really understand how you can say that about a guy that played a dozen games over 3 years all before he was 20 years old.

If anything it shows our incompetence even back then on recognising talent when it was right in front of our face.

He says it as well.

Am I right in thinking that there were a few players that came through at the same time as McCormack and Adam? Was Hutton and Shinnie etc. part of that 'group'? If so, it would appear we were just poor at spotting a talent because all went on to play at a 'decent' level.

I always believe that any player can play a role. It doesn't have to be a starring, creative role, but simply a squad role etc, no matter what their ability. There has to be a mix of star players and the workers. When I look back at the players that left over the years, I wonder if we had a better coach/manager if any would still be in the squad, playing at a decent level. McCormack or Adam could've done a job when required.

Am I right in thinking that there were a few players that came through at the same time as McCormack and Adam? Was Hutton and Shinnie etc. part of that 'group'? If so, it would appear we were just poor at spotting a talent because all went on to play at a 'decent' level.

I always believe that any player can play a role. It doesn't have to be a starring, creative role, but simply a squad role etc, no matter what their ability. There has to be a mix of star players and the workers. When I look back at the players that left over the years, I wonder if we had a better coach/manager if any would still be in the squad, playing at a decent level. McCormack or Adam could've done a job when required.

No, they would have been sold for profit.