Still a long way to go until the squad can be deemed sufficient never mind good.

Still weaker than last year and that takes some doing! Hopefully see a lot of movement over the next two weeks or the tough start we have will be hard to watch.

Agree with Warburton when he says we cannot rush into buys but its also his job to ensure we are ready for the start of the season. Ready seems a long way away still.

Who we get to play up front will go a long way to determining how well we do next season.

Boyd & Daly have gone and I'd like to see Miller & Clark join them. They should play no part next season and must be replaced before the start

Who we get to play up front will go a long way to determining how well we do next season.

Boyd & Daly have gone and I'd like to see Miller & Clark join them. They should play no part next season and must be replaced before the start

Playing Clark every week could be interesting. We could add another box in the prediction league predicting how many yards the ball will bounce from his body.:devil:

Agree whole heartedly with that. The midfield worries me to. we literally need to still fill every position in midfield with 1st team starters.

Naturally two footed (though takes penalties with his right), iirc he's a #10.

Yep, he's more of a central player and I'd also argue he was always more effective on the left than the right when he did play last season. I actually thought him and Wallace worked quite well together and I'd say Walsh remains a decent prospect.

Edited by Frankie

I would keep Clark....

How can a player go from banging in goals for fun @ QoS, to struggling to even get on the bench in the space of a season. Was he simply bought to eliminate/reduce the threat of QoS???

I think with the right player & structure around him, he could flourish into a decent player.

Still a long way to go until the squad can be deemed sufficient never mind good.

Still weaker than last year and that takes some doing! Hopefully see a lot of movement over the next two weeks or the tough start we have will be hard to watch.

Agree with Warburton when he says we cannot rush into buys but its also his job to ensure we are ready for the start of the season. Ready seems a long way away still.

I'm not sure how many signings we are expecting from a guy who has only been in charge for two weeks - especially as he has 11 players that have left. The squad he inherited, aside from being pish, is fewer in numbers than we had after the TUPE (or at least very close to it).

I would keep Clark....

How can a player go from banging in goals for fun @ QoS, to struggling to even get on the bench in the space of a season. Was he simply bought to eliminate/reduce the threat of QoS???

I think with the right player & structure around him, he could flourish into a decent player.

you'd keep him based on what he did three seasons ago before he joined us ???

Seriously Clark is truly awful & has never looked like repeating the number of goals he got for QOS in that one season

you'd keep him based on what he did three seasons ago before he joined us ???

Seriously Clark is truly awful & has never looked like repeating the number of goals he got for QOS in that one season

Agree that he never looked like scoring the same number.....but why is that???

There has been a lot going on (with the football side) over the last few years that appears to make players worse. Boyd - banging in goals for Kilmarnock.....signs for us terrible. Law - up for SPL player of the year....signs for us, bad to passable (at most). Clark - banging in goals for QoS, then struggles for us. Shiels, Black & Temps are other examples of players that have previously played well, then sign for us and suffer a noticeable downturn in form.

Hopefully MW & DW can turn this around and start getting the most out of players & actually making players that we have better.

I think pretty much every member of the squad that we have left needs to be given a clean slate from MW & DW. They are the ones who will fairly quickly grasp whether they can get more out of players - they will see them daily and decide who is good enough and who isn't.

Besides, if we cleared out the players who we all thought weren't good enough we wouldn't even be left with a 5-a-side team :D