Pre-Season - Day 3

Take it miller is injured?

Might be.

From what I've heard though it wouldn't surprise if he's more of a player/coach this season. He's currently doing his A licence so may have had a day off for that.

Frankie , it will be interesting to near the players take on training and what differences there has been so far , even if its just in the attitude to training

Frankie , it will be interesting to near the players take on training and what differences there has been so far , even if its just in the attitude to training

They are all media trained and know how to choose their words wisely, although that's not to say that they are not being truthful. The only public criticism you will ever hear are from those who are looking to get a move away.

I doubt there will be a huge difference in the pre-season fitness work given it's still Jim Henry in charge but clearly there will be changes in the scale and method of the actual football training per se.

I suspect we'll only see if they are good changes once the football starts. It would be good, for example, for us to actually win a few pre-season games in style unlike last summer.

Well Jim Henry is obviously still around. I thought he had gone when he didn't appear on earlier photos. I couldn't understand when our players were looking unfit and overweight at times with Jim around. He is a complete animal when it comes to fitness (and believe me you wouldn't want to say no to him. Ex Judo champion as well).

I can only think that he was restricted on how assertive he could be with the players under McCoist etc.

I doubt there will be massive differences in fitness training, and any improved fitness will be down to higher motivation and focus of players not having the crap that surrounded the club for the past 4 years.

For the first time since the sale of the club, the board are genuinely interested in allowing the manager to build a side. That means we're going to be recruiting players that actually want to play for the club (something emphasised by Warburton too) and we're no longer recruiting mercenaries looking for an easy fortune in the lower divisions.

All that will make a difference on the pitch where players will be busting a gut rather than going through the motions.