Gersnet Online Project

Guys,

Obviously with the unfortunate downtime of the New Year, we once again find ourselves in a position of low contribution from only regular members.

To keep Gersnet going we need to try and submit as many ideas as possible in order to maximise interest.

To that end, in the next week or so, bmck and I will be creating a new Gersnet Online website. This will be a project which all members can contribute to but we will need specific helpers.

We'll be using a content management system similar to the new RST website. That means after we get the initial template and content uploaded, we'll need to keep it fresh and worth visiting for every online bear.

That's where you come in.

I will write as many Gersnet Analysis as I can but it would be great to get some help. Every poster on here is capable of writing similar stuff and contributing to the debate.

As such, it would be cool to have contributors with specific duties and responsibilities for the site, eg:

1. First team news/stats

2. Reserve/Youth team news/stats

3. Match Previews

4. Match Reviews/Stats

5. General Discussion/Articles

With the new site, NO HTML knowledge is required. Articles/News/Info can be submitted easily and without input from any admin other than to maybe proof read for spelling/grammar mistakes.

Obviously, the best stuff can also be uploaded to Newsnow and everything can be discussed on the forums as per usual to stimulate debate.

I'd love to hear everybody's thoughts on the project - specifically is this worth the time to do and would we have people interested in contributing regularly to it?

:thup:

Can't really commit to any of the first four, but would be happy to help out with General discussion / articles ... i'm also quite handy with websites and html (not that you guys aren't though! :) )

I think what we need most though (and im not being cheeky!) is to make sure that we don't allow this to happen AGAIN ... this is the 2nd time that i can recall the forum just suddenly vanishing overnight, and taking ages to come back .... it's a real shame when all the good work is undone for such a silly reason!! :(

Can't really commit to any of the first four, but would be happy to help out with General discussion / articles ... i'm also quite handy with websites and html (not that you guys aren't though! )

I think what we need most though (and im not being cheeky!) is to make sure that we don't allow this to happen AGAIN ... this is the 2nd time that i can recall the forum just suddenly vanishing overnight, and taking ages to come back .... it's a real shame when all the good work is undone for such a silly reason!! :(

I don't think you are being cheeky Jim, I think we ALL feel this way - is there a way of ensuring the downtime doesn't happen again ?

I will contribute any way I can - just ask and it will be done (Gav, a "please don't come here anymore" won't be the response I expect.... ;)

There is one good thing about the downtime though - we managed to get rid of some of the reprobates like Colshy, Falkirk Jim... ohhhhh, wait - we let him back in - ignore that Jim ;):P

One thought - how much would it cost to advertise at the game, or in the program or in the fanzines ?

They are the best chance of increasing the membership and contributors - although you very well stand the possibility of attracting an element you don't necessarily want.

There is one good thing about the downtime though - we managed to get rid of some of the reprobates like Colshy, Falkirk Jim... ohhhhh, wait - we let him back in - ignore that Jim ;):P

It's a good job you did or there would be even less posts!!

Can i start a campaign to get Colshy back? .... oh sorry, off topic! :D

Glad to see some feedback. I'll speak to George and Mark about advertising in the fanzines. They might do it as I'm sure I can repay them with some design help.

Barry and I will get the new site shell on the go in the next couple of days then we can see about who fancies helping out.

What has happened with the domain name is a right shame but I know it was beyond our control. Most domain suppliers automatically continue with payments unless you ask them to cancel.

Because the Gersnet name has been so popular Stuart was done both times.

It won't happen again. That's why we're so eager to start from scratch and considering the dearth of good Rangers sites out there - there is a gap in the market.