James Tavernier.....

Been very impressed with Tavernier on the few occasions that I've seen him.

For years, the team has been very lop-sided. We have relied very heavily on Lee Wallace to storm up the touch line & attack. Last season, this wasn't happening as much as before, for possibly a variety of reasons.

On the other side, we have had a number of players who lacked that attack. They performed their defensive duties to an OK standard, but provided little in the way of attacking threat.

Then in comes Tavernier.....we now appear to have a serious attacking threat from both wing\full backs.

Long may it continue.....

Been very impressed with Tavernier on the few occasions that I've seen him.

For years, the team has been very lop-sided. We have relied very heavily on Lee Wallace to storm up the touch line & attack. Last season, this wasn't happening as much as before, for possibly a variety of reasons.

On the other side, we have had a number of players who lacked that attack. They performed their defensive duties to an OK standard, but provided little in the way of attacking threat.

Then in comes Tavernier.....we now appear to have a serious attacking threat from both wing\full backs.

Long may it continue.....

Yep, I was thinking the same on Sunday and I think Wallace also benefited from the space it afforded him.

In recent years defending against us has been reasonably straightforward with only Wallace, Macleod and Law offering any creative input. Now we have five or six such players and even the likes of Halliday can step forward and provide where necessary.

Exciting times!

Aye, Tavernier definitely looks class and a real gem of a signing.

Have to say though, that I've been impressed with the other new signings too, especially Halliday & Waghorn.

Foderingham, Holt & Kiernan look as if they've got some room for improvement, but they all look very good despite the odd mistake.