Spurs Duo Confirmed

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9842-spurs-duo-arrive-on-loan

RANGERS can tonight confirm the signing 19-year-old Nathan Oduwa and 20-year-old Dominic Ball on season long loans, subject to international clearance.

The pair arrive at Ibrox from Premier League Tottenham Hotspur, where they are highly thought of and will be Mark Warburton’s eighth and ninth signings of the summer.

Oduwa is a left sided attacker but can also play as a number 10 or through the middle and Ball is a defender with experience of playing in midfield.

Ball is an England Under 21 international; he has also played for his country at Under 19 and Under 20 level, after switching from representing Northern Ireland, where he starred at five different age levels, from Under 15s to Under 21s.

He spent the second half of last season on loan to Cambridge United after signing on January 22 and made his Football League debut five days later in a 1-1 draw with Dagenham & Redbridge. He made 11 appearances for The U’s as they finished 19th in their first season back in the Football League.

Ball was named on the bench for Spurs Europa League 2-2 draw away to Benfica in March 2014 and was again an unused substitute for two of their games during the 2014/15 season in Europe again and against Hull City in the league.

Oduwa was also on loan in League Two last season, making three starts for Luton Town and eight appearances off the bench. He spent three month at Kenilworth Road from February to May.

He signed for the Tottenham academy in July 2012 and he scored 10 goals for their Under 18 side during the 2013/14 season. The fast paced attacked also scored in a dramatic game pre-season when a Spurs XI took on Stevenage and won 2-0.

Edited by chilledbear

Interesting signings these two. It's obvious the manager rates them,or they wouldn't be here,they are both in their last year of their contracts with Spurs,if they both perform well this season and Spurs don't renew their contracts then I'm sure Warburton will try and keep them both on a permanent deal?,time will tell.

Edited by ian1964

Ball: The Perfect Move For Me

IT was the combination of a former Ranger and a new Ranger that convinced Dominic Ball Ibrox was the place for him.

Additionally Ball’s coach with the Spurs Under 21s is Ugo Ehiogu and he recounted some of his Gers memories to the youngster when he heard of the interest from his former club.

Ball said: “I’m very excited to be here, I found out on Monday that there was the interest and I spoke to the coaches at Spurs and I spoke to the coaches at Rangers and straight away I knew it was the perfect move for me.

“Ugo is the one who helped out with everything, he has played here before and he told me I would love it. He spoke to the coaches at Rangers and that is how it all got sorted out.

“He shared a few experiences with me and he said how massive the stadium is so I can’t wait for it now and can’t wait to play in front of everyone.

“Rangers are a massive club, they are similar to some of the top Premier League clubs and I think going to a big club this season would be massive for me, to get all the experience and to improve as a player.

“Mark is a very good manager and I think this was the best choice for me that I could have made.

“When I spoke to Mark and David they said the same thing as Ugo – that it would be a great experience for me to come up here and to help Rangers have a successful season.

“I was at Watford years ago when I first started playing and Mark was there as well and I worked under him in the youth system.

“From there I could tell what kind of coach he was, he was a very good coach then and then what he did at Brentford was unbelievable, so I thought go and work under him.

“I was at Watford from 11 to 16-years-old, when I got released, then I went on trial at a few different clubs and had to choose between a few and I chose Spurs.

“He worked his way up at Watford while I was there and became Academy Manager so he looked over everything and all the levels so I was directly involved with him from time to time.”

Watch an exclusive interview with Dominic Ball on RangersTV here

Despite not needing much convincing to head north the centre-half also sought the advice of his Spurs teammate Alex Pritchard.

The 22-year-old winger spent last season under Warburton at Brentford and developed so much that he is now being considered for first team duties by Mauricio Pochettino.

Ball continued: “Pritch did unbelievably last season under Mark and Spurs clearly saw that and thought Rangers was a good place to be for Nathan and I with him as manager.

“He said that under Mark is the best place to learn, he got a lot of good game time and did really well with it and he said to me “You’ll love it up there.”

“He’s improved so much and you can see that over the past three years and then his season at Brentford was probably the best of his career so far.

“He’s got into the England Under 21 squad and I hope to do the same sort of journey, I was with the England Under 20s last season so the next move is the Under 21s.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9843-ball-the-perfect-move-for-me

Oduwa: I'm Excited To Be A Ger

ONE LOOK at the smile on Nathan Oduwa’s face tells you all you need to know about his immense joy of signing for Rangers Football Club.

The 19-year old has put pen to paper on a season long loan deal and joins Dominic Ball in arriving from English Premier League big-guns Tottenham Hotspur as the eighth and ninth new signings of an incredibly busy summer transfer window for the Ibrox outfit.

With the ink still drying on his contract, the young attacker sat down to speak to RangersTV.tv, and he began by telling us just how much of an honour it is for him to become Mark Warburton’s latest recruit.

He explained: “When I heard the news, I was really excited that I was going to be associated with such a massive club and the first people I told were my parents.

“This club is huge and it has a massive history. I know they’ve had a tough period over the last few seasons, but they are back on the up and I’m just glad to be a part of it.

“I believe I can enhance the squad and add my qualities to what is a great group of players.

“Looking at the facilities here, they are Champions League standard. Everything is top-notch and similar to what we have at Spurs, so I feel like I’m at home.”

Watch an exclusive interview with Nathan Oduwa on RangersTV here

Oduwa is a versatile attacker, and having featured for Spurs' impressive under-21 side 11 times last season, he spent the latter part of the campaign on loan at Luton Town.

There, he also made eleven appearances, and he reckons his spell at Kenilworth Road taught him a lot although he understands the pressures will be even greater here at Rangers.

He continued: “I learned how important three points were to people at that level. People were fighting to pay bills and that really opened my eyes to how important games were.

“You had to take in the atmosphere from the crowds too. They were wanting to see a performance as they were working hard every week to week to be able to afford to come and see us.

“One of the reasons I’ve come on loan here to Rangers is to experience the pressures and I’m looking forward to the challenge.”

Another one of the reasons quoted by Oduwa as to his decision to join Rangers was similar to a number of the other new recruits this summer – manager Mark Warburton and his style of football.

Warburton had one of Oduwa’s Spurs’ teammates on loan at Griffin Park last year – Alex Pritchard – and he made a tremendous total of 47 appearances there and now looks set to play a part in White Hart Lane gaffer Mauricio Pochettino’s first-team plans this season.

And, having drawn inspiration from Pritchard’s efforts of the previous campaign, Oduwa is now looking to have a similar impact at Rangers.

He added: “I know a little bit about the manager as last year he did well developing Alex and Brentford did really well too while playing good football at the same time, so I think I will enjoy my time here.

“I like to win the ball back quickly and be in possession a lot. We learned that a lot at Spurs from a young age so hopefully that will suit me.

“My ultimate aim is to play for Tottenham’s first team, but right now I’m focussed on working hard for Rangers and pushing them back into the Premiership.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9844-oduwa-im-so-excited-to-be-a-ger

Now, we won't want to say too much about our unbiased friends at BBCeltland, but even a day after a Scottish Championship (!) club secured two folk from the EPL, there isn't a whisper on that, but instead a headline with Derek Ferguson's mumblings on how a move to Yahooland would improve Scott Allan.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/rangers (as of August 14th, 15.30)

Edited by der Berliner

Bit concerned that we have brought in Bell as I am guessing he is not here to sit on the bench.

I would rather see two of our own players ie Kiernan and Wilson get game time.

we need cover and options

zaliukas is terrible.

Bit concerned that we have brought in Bell as I am guessing he is not here to sit on the bench.

I would rather see two of our own players ie Kiernan and Wilson get game time.

Maybe Ball will be used as a defensive midfield role?