Nicky Clark Enigma

This player scored for fun in this division when playing for QOS two years ago. He didn't quite hit the mark last year under Ally and has yet to find his feet under Warburton.

He has shown he has a knack for goals previously, a precious weapon for any side.

Do you think he has the ability to shine given time? Is he the type to deliver what we are crying out for?

Nicky Clark has already proved he knows where the goals are, why is it not happening for him at Rangers?

This player scored for fun in this division when playing for QOS two years ago. He didn't quite hit the mark last year under Ally and has yet to find his feet under Warburton.

He has shown he has a knack for goals previously, a precious weapon for any side.

Do you think he has the ability to shine given time? Is he the type to deliver what we are crying out for?

Nicky Clark has already proved he knows where the goals are, why is it not happening for him at Rangers?

Those of us who remember Willie Pettigrew who scored on command with Motherwell but when he moved to DU and later hearts he never hit the same heights. I believe it was because he was playing with Bobby Graham and Joe Wark that gave him such a harvest of goals at Motherwell. they seemed to be able to find him blindly.

I never saw Clark at QOTS but it could be the same scenario where he had a midfield who created chances for him.

Those of us who remember Willie Pettigrew who scored on command with Motherwell but when he moved to DU and later hearts he never hit the same heights. I believe it was because he was playing with Bobby Graham and Joe Wark that gave him such a harvest of goals at Motherwell. they seemed to be able to find him blindly.

I never saw Clark at QOTS but it could be the same scenario where he had a midfield who created chances for him.

Bobby Graham was a helluva player.

He arrived at Motherwell at 27, from Shankly's Liverpool. I was playing Junior football at the time and 'Well decided to farm out Graham to Lanark United for several games to hone match sharpness. I played directly against him at Moor Park, he gave me a chasing, easily the best player I ever played against.

Never a great player -- first touch is abysmal! I think his reputation was ruined the last two years, simply because the tactics McCoist employed did not suit him (nothing new there!). We also must remember that at QotS he played almost every minute, and everyone was probably giving him the ball: the tactics were arranged to suit him. Like I said, he's not a great player, but I think he'd still score a few goals if he played every minute and the strategy was to provide him with the ball in the box -- he scored against Ayr (aye, ok...) when played in his preferred position. That will not happen now; he's a bit-part player now.

I think Clark is limited quality wise but is a very useful squad player to have. Like most strikers the more he plays, the sharper in front of goal he'll be. Further, the more chances you create the more likely he'll score.

So far this season, he's done all right - creating a fine goal at Easter Road and also scoring with an excellent finish last Wednesday.

Nicky Clark is just another in a long line of mediocre Scottish league players who have looked great at a small team then flattered to deceive at the old firm. For Clark you can also see Derek Riordan, Willo Flood, Ian Black, Cammy Bell, Gavin Rae, Russell Latapy, Ian Murray, Darius Adamczuk, Stephen Thompson etc. and most of these players were a lot better than Clark. He had found his level, he is not good enough to be playing with us. We have much more pressure, an expectance to win, plus traditionally are playing against much more defensive minded teams, meaning it's completely different and you get less space.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy