Malmo vs Ra Sellick

Malmo deserved to win. Them had no real belief after their goal was chalked off.

Gordon really kept them in the game with four or five big stops. Their best outfield performer was Forrest, pacy and direct. Broon is finished, he looked slow, cumbersome and was easily bypassed all night. Showed no leadership at all. Commons when he came on was an irrelevance. Mulgrew was easily beaten on quite a few occasions and if he gets the call at left back for Scotland, Lee Wallace can feel aggrieved.

All in all a satisfying result.

p.s. for about the last ten minutes the Malmo crowed were loudly singing - Why don't you go home !!!!

They were singing in the first game at the piggery to Pink Floyd "Hey Celtic leave the kids alone" Only kids sounded more like keeds.

Coefficience (is that a word? :awesome:) Is oot the windae.

Doesn't matter where you are regarding coefficientionsy (is that a word? :):laugh:Main thing is entering a competition with the realistic chance of actually winning it.

So coefficientelism (is that a word? :eek:) isn't really important. It's all about the quality of the team taking part in the first place.

True.

Last season (for this season's seedings) Celtic were 55th with 39.08 points, we were 117th with 17.08 (clinging on to 12.72 from 2010/11 run to the EL last 16) and our 2011/12 conquerors Malmo 142nd with 12.54.

Currently, Celtic are 43rd with 39.13, Malmo are 100th with 16.85 and we are 263rd (level with Dundee Utd) with just the couple of points we scored in 2011/12 at home to Maribor and Malmo and share of Scotland's points for all the succeeding years we have been out of Europe.

As things stand now, with only a share of Scotland's points to look forward to next season and beyond till we get back, we are looking at being below 300th in the rankings; Celtic are provisionally 35th and Malmo 92nd.

You are making good points, BH, but I don't think it makes much difference what they do. They have been very poor ambassadors for Scotland.

No matter when we get ourselves re-introduced to Europe we are going to have to start from the bottom and work our own co-efficient higher.

We have experience of doing the hard work on our own, despite Japanese tours.

Definitely keeds imo. Why should they sing sheep? The song is Kids. IMO it is kids with a Swedish speech impediment.

After some more listening I'll hold my hands up and say it is KIDS!!!

Celteec and Keeds gives it away...a speech impediment indeed.:tu:

Definitely keeds imo. Why should they sing sheep? The song is Kids. IMO it is kids with a Swedish speech impediment.

On listening again Pete it sounds as if they are saying 'Sheeps' not a word in the English dictionary but more acquaint to foreigners invading our land :D Stupid bastards need to get their lingo right when visiting Scotland.

Keeds is what we want it to be, but it was sheeps. The Swedes were actually insulting the whole of Scotland rather than the paedo history of the Celtic Football Club.

You are making good points, BH, but I don't think it makes much difference what they do. They have been very poor ambassadors for Scotland.

No matter when we get ourselves re-introduced to Europe we are going to have to start from the bottom and work our own co-efficient higher.

We have experience of doing the hard work on our own, despite Japanese tours.

There are two aspects to this.

#1 is that we need the Scottish coefficient up so we get a decent start (unlikely I agree).

#2 is getting our own coefficient up from more or less zero, so we get a decent seeding (which we obviously have to build ourselves).

The big problem with where we are now or will be in a couple of year's time is that it's a double whammy. Unless we win the SPL at first time of asking (and even then it would be CL Q2), we'll almost certainly start in EL Q1 due to Scotland's position; but our own non-existent coefficient means that we will be up against teams from respectable footballing countries like Norway, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia or worse still rising nations like Azerbaijan and Khazekstan. I don't think a lot of folk realise that. They might think we'll be playing minnows from Malta (and look at the hard time Birkirkara gave West Ham) San Marino or the Faroes etc but that isn't the case because they'll be on similar seedings to us.

Basically I was having a rare agreement with SBS; Scotland must have both sides of the old firm performing well in Europe because the other teams just aren't strong enough. If I remember correctly there was at least one season we had one auto qualifier and one in Q3 in the CL, which means being in the top 12 these days, even two in the qualifiers means 13th to 15th; how far off does that look now.

I have tended to hope the our league gets co-efficient points in the past for the benefit of our league and more so Rangers. But if ever there was a year for it to benefit Rangers with Celtic not qualifying it was this year. The financial rewards for Celtic would have been huge this year allowing them to get ahead of us returning to the top flight next year.