Malmo vs Ra Sellick

My head says this is crap for Scottish football, my heart says GIRFUY!! :flipa::giruy::violin::celebrate::bouncy:

On a more serious note: perhaps BH can enlighten me, would it not be better for us to end up playing several poor teams (because of the poor Co-efficient) and beating most of them, rather than playing fewer games? In other words, would it not be better for our Co-efficient to win 1st, 2nd, 3rd qualifying round matches, rather than losing 1 play-off game?

My head says this is crap for Scottish football, my heart says GIRFUY!! :flipa::giruy::violin::celebrate::bouncy:

On a more serious note: perhaps BH can enlighten me, would it not be better for us to end up playing several poor teams (because of the poor Co-efficient) and beating most of them, rather than playing fewer games? In other words, would it not be better for our Co-efficient to win 1st, 2nd, 3rd qualifying round matches, rather than losing 1 play-off game?

AFAIK, opponents and the points they "yield" are differently ranked, acccording to their or their country's standing in the list. Thus, beating a German 3th placed team will yield more than beating the champions of Gibraltar, Bulgaria and even Sweden. At the end of the day - and I have said enough about the ridicuolous schedule of the qualifying rounds - all these "wee- league" teams have to do it on their own and fight their way through the qualifiers, not just the Scots. It stinks of money-grabbing corruption at the top, but that won't change. The failure of the Yahoos (and long may it continue) is only a small part of the problem. The perennial failure of nigh all other Scottish teams is contributing too, which we should not forget. It is a complex thing, yet, all we can do is try to be prepared when our next chance arises and look after ourselves first and foremost. At the end of the day, this is what all the other teams have done and will do, with hardly a second thought about the "greater cause" and the best for the "Scottish game". And obviously you will have to point at certain actions in 2012 as well, without drawing it out again.