Georgia v Scotland and Scotland v Germany

Start thr re-build from Regan on down.

How much longer will it be before the football public in this country realise this buffoon isn't up to the job of SFA chief exec.

He was a Celtic appointment & has done nothing to progress the game in his country. He was Liewell's buddy when they worked at Coors. His remit is simply to do as instructed by Liewell.

He must go.

There has obviously been an improvement under Strachan but ultimately it's not good enough. We are limited by a very poor squad though. We don't have any stars, we have a number of decent players but they're not top players that can carry us through to a major tournament. I was just thinking when I was a kid, I used to think how poor we were and tactics under Craig Brown were always pretty desperately defensive. However, we did qualify for back to back major tournaments and we had players like Goram, Hendry, McCall, McAllister, Collins, Lambert, McCoist etc who were standout players for us and we don't have this quality now. Our squad lacked depth and had some poor players but we always tended to have a core unit of key players, often coming from the old firm. Our defence was generally always very strong as well, I remember us beating Sweden 1-0 with Leighton in goals, then Hendry and Calderwood defending magnificently in front of him. I couldn't see us relying on this defence for anything. I'm surprised Germany didn't hammer us tonight actually, the defence was all over the place at times, particularly in wide areas. It looked very amateurish.

Looking at Wales, who are now 9th in the world and riding really high, they don't have a great squad either but have Bale and Ramsey, both top players playing for decent CL teams. Then they also have Ashley Williams in defence who has been heavily linked with big money moves to Arsenal and Liverpool, and has been a very consistent defender in the Premiership. I don't think we have had a player anywhere near that level since Barry Ferguson. They have also had Giggs and Bellamy, off the top of my head, players who stood out at the highest level (Giggs obviously more than Bellamy). British football in general lags behind the continent, but we seem to be the worst of the bunch considerably. You would think by the law of averages or just sheer fluke we would stumble upon a couple of top international level players every now and then.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Scotland are shite,have been for years,and have been punching above their weight under Strachan!,Broon9 is a lazy player and was at fault for their goal.

On the positive side ROI last two matches are Germany home & Poland away which I think they will lose,so I suppose there is a chance of a play off!

Edited by ian1964

Scotland are shite,have been for years,and have been punching above their weight under Strachan!,Broon9 is a lazy player and was at fault for their goal.

On the positive side ROI last two matches are Germany home & Poland away which I think they will lose,so I suppose there is a chance of a play off!

I was going to add as well, Scott Brown sums up Scotland for me. We're never going to get anywhere having such a mediocre player as that getting a key role in the middle of the park and captaining us too. Any half decent player in Scotland quickly gets snapped up by English sides, notice how nobody seems to ever be interested in Brown?

I was going to add as well, Scott Brown sums up Scotland for me. We're never going to get anywhere having such a mediocre player as that getting a key role in the middle of the park and captaining us too. Any half decent player in Scotland quickly gets snapped up by English sides, notice how nobody seems to ever be interested in Brown?

He was also at fault for the Georgia goal!

Brown ran about like a headless chicken and gave the Germans so much room he was chasing shadows. Halliday is a far superior player to him.