Listen to this bitter bitter man Peter Houston

Must admit that once you remove the obvious bias that you should expect from a Falkirk manager, I can't find much fault with what Houston was saying.

I was very surprised when the free kick was awarded but throughout the day, the referee was making infuriating decisions so it wasn't just Falkirk who were on the receiving end.

The Kiernan incident was bizarre. Kiernan's jersey is basically ripped in half exposing 80% of his back so obviously signifying a Rangers foul but Falkirk awarded a corner. The Falkirk player then manhandles Kiernan as the players are setting up for the corner to show the ref how badly ripped his jersey is. The ref then tells him to get another jersey, Kiernan runs to Jimmy Bell at the halfway line, gets a top and heads back towards the 18 yard box... Referee tells Kiernan to stay off the pitch even though we are defending a dangerous set play. The ref then wouldn't let Kiernan on for another couple of minutes (so it seemed) after the corner was taken as play raged on!!

Terrible display all things considered.

Peter Houston is a cnut.

This time last week, he was a guest of BBC Radio Scotland, doing the colour commentator role at Cappielow. Yep, BBC Scotland paid him for appraising his team's next opponents. Peter wanted the Morton players to get closer, and be more robust in their challenges. Thankfully, Jim Duffy's after match comments brought balance to Peter's usual bitter commentary.

What really shone a bright light into Houston's dark corner of a mindset, was the post match discussion of the sacking of Jackie McNamarra. Four fellow professionals have lost their livelihoods, and dearest Peter slots seamlessly into his, 'me, me, me, routine'. Not even a cursory commiseration, straight into a two minute tale of how badly he was treated by Thompson at Dundee United.

I suspect Peter Houston will be appearing on Sportscene this evening and the four minute edited highlights will be most carefully edited by a BBC Scotland Pacific Quay CSC Producer?

Peter Houston must have been suffering from a sudden bout of selective memory syndrome because out of the dozens and dozens of poor decisions from John McKendrick and his linesmen yesterday it looked to me like Falkirk had a higher percentage of them going in their favour.

Houston's players were hacking and fouling our lads all over the pitch, both on and off the ball and several of them were very lucky to have such a buffoon of a referee or else they could have been down to 9 men before the game even reached the incident Houston's greeting about.