Listen to this bitter bitter man Peter Houston

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/610067/Rangers-Nicky-Law-sympathises-Peter-Houston-game-changing-decision

Rangers star Nicky Law sympathises with Peter Houston after game-changing decision

RANGERS midfielder Nicky Law admits Peter Houston might have a valid point after the Falkirk boss blew his top over a game-changing free-kick decision at Ibrox on Saturday. ...

Law said: “It has split opinion. A few of the boys felt it wasn’t a foul and some thought it was. At the time, I didn’t know the boy had nicked the ball. I just felt the contact when he and I clashed and it forced me down onto the ground.

Law should have kept his mouth shut as nobody said he simulated. He was hit and went down. The last thing we need is rangers players adding petrol to the fire.

Law should have kept his mouth shut as nobody said he simulated. He was hit and went down. The last thing we need is rangers players adding petrol to the fire.

Don't you think he should state his honest opinion? After all, the Scottish game is built on the "sporting integrity" ethos.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/610067/Rangers-Nicky-Law-sympathises-Peter-Houston-game-changing-decision

Rangers star Nicky Law sympathises with Peter Houston after game-changing decision

RANGERS midfielder Nicky Law admits Peter Houston might have a valid point after the Falkirk boss blew his top over a game-changing free-kick decision at Ibrox on Saturday. ...

Law said: “It has split opinion. A few of the boys felt it wasn’t a foul and some thought it was. At the time, I didn’t know the boy had nicked the ball. I just felt the contact when he and I clashed and it forced me down onto the ground.

Law is not the brightest.

Guest House Of Baelish
Don't you think he should state his honest opinion? After all, the Scottish game is built on the "sporting integrity" ethos.

Personally I thought Law was quite reasonable and philosophical on his thoughts about the tackle..No finger pointing , name calling or conspiracy theories just an honest opinion from a level headed mature adult.

And neither does Law say he simulated.

All he says here is that it has split opinion even within the Rangers camp, which I can see. It shows that we aren't, as a Club, playing deluded figures but are being honest in our assessments of game situations. Looking at it in real time it looked a stone wall foul as he was upended. That is the ONLY view the ref gets. Looking at it in slo-mo (which is what is needed here) shows the player nicks the ball - but the ball still continues past the defender giving Law the opportunity to round him and re-collect the ball. THGAT is what causes the foul.

I wonder if the Falkirk camp were "split" on our penalty claim...

Thing is a decent "reporter" should have questioned Houston on this and other decisions.

For me it was a foul: the player did not "nick" the ball, he just deflected it slightly, and was never in control of it. Law was always going to get there first but was tripped as part of the tackle.

At minimum it was one of those that is a flip of a coin, and as such not really controversial or a game changer. Even calling it a game changer is laughable, they may have defended reasonably enough but we still had plenty of good chances on goal, scoring actually looked inevitable - the only thing against us was the clock.

With a few 50-50 decisions in our favour or the odd crap decision against us reversed and we'd have probably scored a couple more earlier.

The better team won with no help from the referee.

"17:27Tuesday 06 October 2015

Falkirk assistant manager Alan Maybury has been suspended for one game by the SFA – but Peter Houston has yet to respond to the charge from the association after the refereeing fall-out at Ibrox.

Boss Houston blasted match ref John McKendrick in the aftermath of the 3-1 defeat to the league leaders, saying the whistler “one hundred per cent” cost Falkirk a draw.

That has seen the SFA complaince officer respond with the offer of a one match suspension to Maybury for offensive, abusing and insulting language which the player-coach has accepted.

Houston has been cited for comments made on the club’s in-house TV station Falkirk TV where he ‘criticised the decisions and performance of the Match Officials in such a way as to indicate bias and incompetence on their part, and which also impinged upon their character.’

He is scheduled to appear at Hampden on Thursday, October 29 for a hearing, but has until next Tuesday to respond. "

RANGERS manager Mark Warburton has dismissed suggestions that referee John McKendrick favoured his team in the second half of their victory over Falkirk on Saturday.

Falkirk boss Peter Houston was angry with the award of a free-kick for Tom Taiwo’s challenge on Nicky Law, which allowed James Tavernier to put Rangers in the lead in the 81st minute.

Houston highlighted the fact that the Rangers backroom staff were “having a right pop” at McKendrick at half-time about “giving them nothing” and added: ‘’He certainly gave them something in the second half.”

But Warburton put those comments down to the emotions surrounding the top-of-the-table Ladbrokes Championship clash.

He said: “As Rangers manager I look at the Tavernier incident in the first half and say that’s a penalty. There were one or two bad challenges all over the park.

“I think Peter was obviously upset that they conceded a late goal from a free-kick.

I think Peter [Houston] was obviously upset that they conceded a late goal from a free-kick

Mark Warburton

“But it’s 50-50 and the call went our way. Very often it works the other way as well. It’s the game.”

When asked if Houston had over-reacted, Warburton said: “Football is a passionate game. Emotions run high, especially immediately after the final whistle.

“They worked very, very hard, they were well organised and they are a very good quality team. He must have been frustrated to lose a goal in the 80th minute. It’s an emotional game, no more than that.”

Warburton was speaking after collecting the Championship manager of the month award after leading Rangers to nine consecutive league wins, a run which led to him being listed as a 20/1 shot to be named the next Liverpool manager with one bookmaker.

Warburton said: “It’s always flattering to anyone to be linked to a job, especially a club of Liverpool’s size, but we’re at a big club here as well and we have a job of work to do and we are very committed to Rangers.

“We are focused here, we know what we have to do. The targets for the year are very clear. We are a quarter of the way through and so far, so good.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/mark-warburton-rejects-houston-s-referee-claims-1-3909122