Listen to this bitter bitter man Peter Houston

I had the greatest of pleasure being at the auchinleck v arthurlie game a good few years ago when mckendrick was that bad an arthurlie sub walked on to the park at the end and nutted mckendrick lol the player got a 10 year ban and it was said then that he should never ref another game ever..

I had the greatest of pleasure being at the auchinleck v arthurlie game a good few years ago when mckendrick was that bad an arthurlie sub walked on to the park at the end and nutted mckendrick lol the player got a 10 year ban and it was said then that he should never ref another game ever..

From Wiki...

Arthurlie were handicapped in the 2005–06 season by an initial 12-point ban, inflicted by the Scottish Junior Football Association, based on an alleged headbutt on referee John McKendrick in a match with Auchinleck Talbot in February 2005. While the criminal courts found midfielder Mark Ross to be innocent of criminal assault, the SJFA punished the club for not co-operating with the enquiry. The club were also fined £3,000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthurlie_F.C.

You would expect that this ref isn't refereeing any important matches anytime soon. No matter what the gaffers have to say.

Believe it or not this clown McKendrick's previously been appointed as a 4th official in at least one of our games. How he could be deemed suitable for that role I really don't know, the mind boggles!

Greg Aitken is another official who's blatently been well below any sort of acceptable standard when refereeing our games and also while performing 4th official duty. IIRC, the last time Aitken was 4th official in a Rangers game (Hibs at Ibrox this season) he instructed the referee Steven McLean that no stoppage time was to be added before half time and the ref then conveniently blew the whistle while Tav was in a great position attacking the opposition goal.

Edited by Zappa

And while we're on houstons comments mark Kerr should have been sent off cos he blatantly kicked the ball away in front of mckendrick and never booked Kerr then five mins later booked him for a tackle guess you missed that Peter...

Having seen it again, it was a foul so don't really know what Houston's beef is.

The ref was hopeless though.

Houston has previous when it comes to refereeing decisions at Ibrox. He was in the papers whining for a week when he was Dundee Utd manager too. I watched the tackle on tv last night and thought exactly as I did when I saw it at the match. It was a free kick.