RST fan groups pol result

Fan Group Poll Results

RST members have been voting over the past week on whether to support the proposal regarding the future of fan representation and participation at Rangers. The RST board is pleased to announce that the results of the poll are as follows:

Do you support the RST board moving forward with this outlined proposal?

Yes – 99%

No – 1%

We would like to thank all our members for casting their vote and giving the RST board a clear mandate to move forward with the fan group proposal. We will continue to keep you updated on our progress.

Share with your network

- See more at: http://therst.co.uk/news/fan-group-poll-results/#sthash.PRxRRyb4.dpuf

Edited by BEARGER

While I would welcome 1 large supporters group I think there will be many legal issues to solve and many inflated ego's to overcome. This is just a comment from someone on the outside and not in the know.

Edited by pete

While I would welcome 1 large supporters group I think there will be many legal issues to solve and many inflated ego's to overcome. This is just a comment from someone on the outside and not in the know.

Honestly, this is why I joined RF over RST. I felt (at the time) that RST still wasn't all it could be. However, if everyone can put aside their own agendas, this could be excellent. Ultimately, we've all been putting money in for the same reason. As long as there are democratic votes then it should be OK.

I think that they should be looking at a shareholders alliance as opposed to an amalgamation. The objectives of the RST and RF are very different (ignoring egos and all the rest of the politics) and a great deal of time and energy will be spent without an agreement being ultimately obtained (IMHO of course). Would be much easier to agree to vote together as a bloc.

I think that they should be looking at a shareholders alliance as opposed to an amalgamation. The objectives of the RST and RF are very different (ignoring egos and all the rest of the politics) and a great deal of time and energy will be spent without an agreement being ultimately obtained (IMHO of course). Would be much easier to agree to vote together as a bloc.

I like the terms of what I agreed with for Buy Rangers. If that changes to what Rangers First does then I'll just become a private shareholder. I suspect this will be a minority view.

The new proposal goes way beyond shareholding.

Thinking further on this, the present situation of having separate supporters groupings offering similar objectives in some things , But different things in other objectives is diluting the supporters voices in some instances.

Take our PR for instance, the club's PR department up till recently has been a shambles imo, one of the reasons i joined the RST was that they seemed the only group that was defending the club and supporters at times. Shareholding was another reason, they offered the chance to buy shares before RF came on the scene, although i then gave an amount to Gersnet to buy the sites life-membership with the RF..

I may be wrong on this thought, there seems to be a gentleman's agreement that RST speaks for the support when the club feels it cannot comment on certain situations regarding the SFL and the SFA. Although both the RF and RST hold substantial shares each, one voice speaking on behalf of supporters groups shareholders seems sensible to me, that way we are all speaking from the same statements.

The logical next step imo, is having all the supporters groups shareholding under one unified body, one unified voice that speaks with strength and authority when dealing with PR and our enemies black propaganda. But at the same time working closely with the club, so as not to step on each others toes and straying into each others sphere of influence. It makes for a more coherent working relationship between club and supporter.

All for one and one for all.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Have to say, I'm quite surprised by the RST's poll results on this, but it's a pleasant surprise!

It just goes to show how hard the folk who've been involved in the Trust (both longer term and RST board additions in more recent years) have been striving to improve the group and it's outlook moving forwards.