Burchill tonight

It's all very well giving him the benefit of the doubt but wasn't he booked for hand ball later in the game? Even a clumsy tackle should have at least been booked (although this is exactly the kind rash tackle FIFA want to eliminate using red cards) - then a second yellow would be a sending off.

And this is only his 12th game? He certainly needs a good talking to.

But you've got to look at his motives firstly through the 7 second timing of the challenge, and the multiple assaults that Oduwa endured by his team-mates that meant he couldn't play the second half. I think the evidence points towards his manager defending the player due to the player being dirty under the manager's instructions.

Maybe I am wrong, but I wouldn't exactly claim that Gibbons was out to injure Oduwa in the tackle. He jumped in for the ball, late and clumsy. He hit Oduwa with an outstretched leg, which in itself warrants a yellow, if not a red card. No matter the time or clumsiness. Not least to send out a marker to the rest of the players. It is rather astonishing that the ref hasn't been castigated for his approach to the Livvy tackles thus far.

To me, it was more than just clumsy, as I believe FIFA have long outlawed this kind of tackle, so much so, I'm sure you can be sent off for it even if well timed and you contact the ball first.

Reckless, lunging tackles with studs showing like that are banned for the very reason that a mistimed one can cause serious injury. Therefore his intent cannot be completely innocent as he should never have chosen that kind of tackle in the first place.

You can accidentally shoot someone with a gun, but that doesn't make you innocent if you're messing around with one.

I'd like to see from Rangers players what ALL good teams do...surround the ref in protest at such challenges, they don't need to manhandle him just shout into his face, even if it means taking a yellow for him, Oduwa gets let down when his team-mates just walk away as if it doesn't matter.

I'd like to see from Rangers players what ALL good teams do...surround the ref in protest at such challenges, they don't need to manhandle him just shout into his face, even if it means taking a yellow for him, Oduwa gets let down when his team-mates just walk away as if it doesn't matter.

I disagree. I don't like the sight of teams swarming the ref in such instances. It is akin to bullying. The ref shouldn't need anyone else's input to do his job properly.

It's a man's game Craig.

Being a man's game does not mean players can live above the law of the game. In certain things I think we should look at rugby for certain improvements. That's more a man's game but they listen to ref be he right or wrong.

It's a man's game Craig.

Being a man's game does not mean players can live above the law of the game. In certain things I think we should look at rugby for certain improvements. That's more a man's game but they listen to ref be he right or wrong.

So why bully then ?

If it is a mans game then accept the tough challenges like a man and move on. Seems you are proving my point rather than your own...... :P

I was referring to the referee :facepalm:...they get paid well enough, a bit of flak shouldn't worry any of them.

Edited by Bearman
inserted 'smiley'