Guest brother426

Guest brother426

did anyone see it? showed a pic from israel with some of our 'supporters' doing what looks like a nazi salute at the game...forget RHOU salutes..there's no such thing....and doesnt smug timmy love this sort of thing...FFS goin to israel and doin that... these guys are utter morons and we the decent Rangers fans are tarred with the same brush...we cant seem to self police so its time for the club to start printing pics naming and shaming ...fuckin idiots:mad:

I've been getting hassle at work about this since last week. I can't believe there's still some fans doing it and I have to say, if we can't self-police ourselves on simple things like this, we can't complain when the authorities come down on us.

Yep, there are always a daft few who let the rest of our superb support down.

'Red hand' salute or not, it's far to easy to misinterpret and should be discouraged. Fortunately, this salute is disappearing and the quicker the better as far as I'm concerned.

Guest MichaelMols

I hate seeing this at games and think it should be eradicated at once.

Doing it anywhere is terrible but to do this kinda thing over in Israel just shows an unbelievable amount of stupidity.

Yep, there are always a daft few who let the rest of our superb support down.

'Red hand' salute or not, it's far to easy to misinterpret and should be discouraged. Fortunately, this salute is disappearing and the quicker the better as far as I'm concerned.

WHen did it start appearing though?

Am I right in thinking its a relatively new thing?

Even if it were a 'red hand salute', this has nothing, I repeat NOTHING to do with Ulster, Loyalism or Rangers.

For those who persist and tell us all, its a 'red hand salute', try doing this in George Square on Rememberance Sunday and await a swift kick in the baws from a real hero.

THIS MUST STOP AND IT MUST STOP NOW.

I dread to think about reactions after Thursday evening - European nights appear to attract the 'nedish' crowd at Ibrox and all the media glare will be upon us.

Cammy F

Even if it were a 'red hand salute', this has nothing, I repeat NOTHING to do with Ulster, Loyalism or Rangers.

For those who persist and tell us all, its a 'red hand salute', try doing this in George Square on Rememberance Sunday and await a swift kick in the baws from a real hero.

THIS MUST STOP AND IT MUST STOP NOW.

I dread to think about reactions after Thursday evening - European nights appear to attract the 'nedish' crowd at Ibrox and all the media glare will be upon us.

Cammy F

I think if I see it on Thursday it will be a case of me saying "put your fucking hand donw or i'm going to speak to a steward/police".

Tried amicabally asking a supporter not to do it before. Looked back a few minutes later nad he was doing it again. :ffs:

WHen did it start appearing though?

Am I right in thinking its a relatively new thing?

Yes and no....

The 'nazi' type salute is NEW amongst the Rangers support, the 'red hand salute' isn't. This was big, especially in the east enclosure in the early to mid 80's. At that time tho, it was easily identified as a 'red hand salute' as the fans who did this, all wore a red glove and their hands were pointed 'upwards' unlike the NAZI salutes of today.

The original red hand salutes disappeared from Ibrox in the late 80's and early 90's and the NAZI salute has crept in over the last decade or so, usually when singing RB and GSTQ (how ironic).

Cammy F