Should I buy official merchandise?

The instigator of TheLionbrand has just been banned from FF for pointing out the shirts are very like his and that this new enterprise has no connection with the TheLionbrand.

So what's going on with the new 'The Loyal Standard' brand anyway? I could understand folk starting up a new unofficial brand to do something different in terms of concept & design from what The Lion brand have been doing, but why stick with the red & black vertical stripes and a badge based on the lion?

So what's going on with the new 'The Loyal Standard' brand anyway? I could understand folk starting up a new unofficial brand to do something different in terms of concept & design from what The Lion brand have been doing, but why stick with the red & black vertical stripes and a badge based on the lion?

According to Suck on FF this is a stand alone enterprise, all monies raised will be given to RST ( or merged fans group) to buy shares in club. One point being made is that only 1% will go on tax while buying shares, whereas TheLionbrand sometimes buy tickets etc. from club that attract 20% tax.

I have not received any communication from RST and cannot access website at present. It looks like that this is not organised by RST but is a stand alone enterprise as previously stated.

Having said all that it looks like a bit of a rip off re redesigns from TheLionbrand not surprise it's upset. New designs should have been the first thing a new campaign should have had IMO.

According to Suck on FF this is a stand alone enterprise, all monies raised will be given to RST ( or merged fans group) to buy shares in club. One point being made is that only 1% will go on tax while buying shares, whereas TheLionbrand sometimes buy tickets etc. from club that attract 20% tax.

I have not received any communication from RST and cannot access website at present. It looks like that this is not organised by RST but is a stand alone enterprise as previously stated.

Having said all that it looks like a bit of a rip off re redesigns from TheLionbrand not surprise it's upset. New designs should have been the first thing a new campaign should have had IMO.

So at the same time we are trying to amalgamate supporters groups (a GOOD thing) we also have supporters (presumably) opening up competing clothing lines... and by apparent plagiarism.

Only Rangers fans..... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info mate. :tu:

I don't understand why these things seem to always end up coming down to petty politics, but they just do unfortunately.

Maybe it's an admin error over there, but the founder (or one of them) of The Lion Brand being banned from FF maybe does raise questions when AFAIK MD was directly involved with The Lion Brand work.

So at the same time we are trying to amalgamate supporters groups (a GOOD thing) we also have supporters (presumably) opening up competing clothing lines... and by apparent plagiarism.

Only Rangers fans..... :rolleyes:

Hopefully plgsarmy reads this and can give us some more details because I know that she had previously been working tirelessly on posting out orders for Lion Brand shirts, but I don't know if she's still doing it or not.

Hopefully plgsarmy reads this and can give us some more details because I know that she had previously been working tirelessly on posting out orders for Lion Brand shirts, but I don't know if she's still doing it or not.

I think that TheLionbrand shirt monies go to various causes depending on which one you buy. The orange shirt proceeds go to Fernando Ricksen, others go to RST to buy shares and for TheLionbrand to buy tickets etc.

"Sons of Struth aim to provide top class training to kids playing seven a side and donate to Rangers Youth via Rangers Lotto

Profits from all merchandise will be split between SoS Football Academy and Rangers Youth via Rangers Lotto"

I8V0wK7.png

12027557_1687167948180993_8417034398818936268_n.jpg?oh=289330b035ed622733c62ef9dc781681&oe=56A50F4B