Should I buy official merchandise?

Far from me to tell you how to spend your money, personally I don't buy anything from SD and Ashley's other companies. My grandson will son be three years old and I would like to buy him one but I won't.

You'll be able to get him one when he's ten then..

There are a few different takes on it for me...

If we serve notice on the deal then:

a) it suggests the deal is valid; and/or

b) like you say it removes the chance of any renegotiation (however small this is); and/or

c) may stop us from reversing any contracts if the ongoing legal cases with previous directors result in a favourable outcome for the club.

I think it makes some tactical sense to maintain the status quo for now but it's difficult to guess what's happening with the information vacuum.

Surely point a can be covered by a reservation of rights. You surely cant punish a company for serving notice on a 7 yr contract by then saying the notice validates the contract. I cant imagine that point a would be difficult to overcome - reservation of rights should cover this.

Point b is unlikely to happen anyway. We ALL know how Ashley deals with business. His way or the highway, so the chances of renegotiation were minimal regardless of serving notice.

Point c is tough to call I would imagine. But again, I would have thought reservation of rights still allows you to cancel the contract but reserve rights in terms of challenging the legality/veracity/validity of said contract.

I'm no lawyer so am guessing in all honesty - but I just cant imagine that you would validate a contract simply by serving notice.