Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

From the journo or the editor. It is the same with the Diagouraga headline, i.e. "plea". I once had a seminar about the English language and some study said that people who are not that "challenged" in their daily use of their mother tongue naturally reduce their vocabulary. Liverpool dock workers (at the time) were said to have a "every-day" vocabulary of (plugged from thin air) 5,000 words, which was considerably less than what is the norm.

By the looks of it, a fair amount of modern day sports reporters and editors also have a very narrow and small amount of vocabulary on offer, not least when it comes to headlines et al. And obviously there is a need to make any headline as smashing and interesting as it gets, not matter what was actually said.

to be honest I often reduce my vocabulary in the belief it helps include a wider spectrum of participants to any discussion. Not sure putting words into another's mouth constitutes the same!

Its time the shock and awe approach to journalism was tackled. I prefer the old style of journalism where the journalist has no opinion or input just states the facts as known for both sides leaving the reader to make up their own mind

On a sidenote, after playing all 25 games for Brentford, Diagouraga has been left out of the 18-men squad taking on Walsall in the FA Cup. They seem to have cover ready.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35211392

And they're currently losing 1-0 at home.

I heard a rumour you're chartering a private jet to bring some of your friends to the dinner; or is SDM sending his?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Before we get in medias res again ... folks, if you come back home from work at 1 a.m., walking through the freezing winter night, too tired to switch on your notebook, and then check the latest transfer info via smartphone, it does make you somewhat upset to dig through 3 or 4 pages of hearty banter rather than the odd crump of actual transfer news. We've got a few hundreds threads already on the board, just create another one and banter along there. Cheers!

A hell of a lot of chit chat in here!:seal::D

A hell of a lot of chit chat in here!:seal::D

I was only polite though. And to give this post a bit of relevance too, a bit of rumour from FF regarding "Mani":

heard its pretty much done, may be announced before tomorrows game.

£500k up front "potential" add ons to £700k.

shows the board will back MW + Shows MW knows he needs some experienced heads.