Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

11:44 JACOB MURTAGH

Rangers told to up offer for Bees star

Rangers have been told they will have to cough up £1million for Brentford midfielder Toumani Diagouraga.

Former Bees boss Mark Warburton is keen on a reunion with the Frenchman, who he also worked with at Watford.

However, Rangers failed with their opening offer for Diagouraga last week, which fell well short of Brentford’s valuation.

The Championship club want £1m up front plus add-ons for the 28-year-old, who still has 18 months remaining on his contract.

Diagouraga is one of the longest-serving players at Griffin Park, having first joined the club on loan in 2010.

£1M !!!! Value for money ?

Wouldn't pay even close to that.

Its not just the league they are in its the ability the have shown in that league over time. League + history+ Standing. The fact they have never played in front of crowds or been tested under stress. They are going into a fish bowl when they have never experienced anything even close. They are young very rough players who will play in front of a crowd who demand near perfection, they will be expected to hit the ground running and also compete with multi million pound signings from them.

Both Accrington players turn 22 in the next few weeks. The 17 year old is from barnet I think and has prove himself at u21s and looks like he has an abundance of talent. Can't see this one happening to be honest one of the bit clubs in england will gamble a mil on him

Anyone who cannot see an issue with all of that has his head firmly in the sand

Again you have to trust the manager and scouting team which I do at present, i'm sure we will get bigger named signings that you look to be after but my head is certainly not stuck in the sand like you suggest just because I don't agree with you. At this time I am happy with our signing policy and the way we are heading, after all our troubles I wasn't expecting numerous million pound big name big wages signings like a lot of fans did or seem to like yourself.

What do you say about past big money and big name signings we have made who have also played in front of big crowds but have failed at Rangers, and there have been plenty?

Maybe young players will relish the chance to play in front of bigger crowds rather than flop!

Nobody has mentioned big money signings. Just signings that fit our budget but have a proven record. We are basically buying Clark like signings but without the success behind them.

Each player can only be judged on the challenge he has faced so far in their careers ie the league they are in. None of these players have surpassed the challenge they have faced so far. With the challenge they have so far faced being smaller than the challenge we will present them with.

Fair enough you trust the manager personally I would like to see a better track record before I accepted his decisions without fear

SKY SOURCES

We understand @RangersFC target Toumani Diagouraga's transfer request was rejected by Brentford.

Makes no difference though, if MW thinks he's worth the money (whatever that is)he will be shortly.

Edited by BEARGER

If you are happy signing guys like that from clubs like that then good luck to you. I'm not, and the whole point of message boards is I get the chance to vent my frustration at our transfer activity.

If the guys get a chance in the first team next month (or next season if we cant do a deal to bring them in now), they will get my full support. I just wont hold out much hope that they can take us to 55, based purely on where their careers have went to date and the aspirations I have for my club.

Its not just the league they are in its the ability the have shown in that league over time. League + history+ Standing. The fact they have never played in front of crowds or been tested under stress. They are going into a fish bowl when they have never experienced anything even close. They are young very rough players who will play in front of a crowd who demand near perfection, they will be expected to hit the ground running and also compete with multi million pound signings from them.

Both Accrington players turn 22 in the next few weeks. The 17 year old is from barnet I think and has prove himself at u21s and looks like he has an abundance of talent. Can't see this one happening to be honest one of the bit clubs in england will gamble a mil on him

Anyone who cannot see an issue with all of that has his head firmly in the sand

Let's be honest with ourselves about this; if these two were as good as is being made out would they have spent the last four seasons (Crooks) and three seasons (Windass) in the Conference/League Two, mostly with Accrington Stanley?

£1m is way too much to pay for a player, Toumani Diagouraga, who despite his apparent "coming of age" in the Championship with Brentford, essentially is a journeyman footballer from the English lower leagues (9 seasons) who will be 29 in June. Can anyone on here honestly say that they had heard of him before this all blew up?

I know Transfermarket is not necessarilly the font of all wisdom on this but they have never rated him above £300k and even now only £350k.

Edited by BrahimHemdani