Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

This is a daft question i know, but how much say does the player have if he does not want to go, assuming someone came in with a large offer? Waggy might want to see out the plan since Warbs has put faith in him and constantly reiterated how good a player he is and what he feels needed done to let that shine through.

This is a daft question i know, but how much say does the player have if he does not want to go, assuming someone came in with a large offer? Waggy might want to see out the plan since Warbs has put faith in him and constantly reiterated how good a player he is and what he feels needed done to let that shine through.

Well, there's some suggestion Windass will have a release clause of £3.5m so it's not beyond the realms of possibility, Waghorn has a similar stipulation in his contract.

As always, it will depend on the interested club and what they're offering - both to us and the player.

You can't force a player to go anywhere, they are entitled to see out their contract and the club are entitled to make it see him out.

However, an unhappy player doesn't play well, and an unwanted player can find himself rotting in the reserves, so there is room for negotiation.

If clubs are sniffing around Waggy....the club should take a leaf out of Ceptics book & slap a ridiculous price tag on him - £7m, £8m or £10m.

If these clubs are serious about signing him, they will need to pay a premium.

No way should we settle for a slight profit, when he is doing so well.

I predicted as much when news broke of us offering contracts to Holt & Halliday. If you are Waghorn, Tav or Wes's agent you are going to be generating stories of interest to ensure your client is offered an improved deal once you know the club is willing to deal in others in a similar position.

I know Tav has a release clause and it's not huge. I assume Waghorn will be similar as he also signed for less money than was offered elsewhere.

I predicted as much when news broke of us offering contracts to Holt & Halliday. If you are Waghorn, Tav or Wes's agent you are going to be generating stories of interest to ensure your client is offered an improved deal once you know the club is willing to deal in others in a similar position.

I know Tav has a release clause and it's not huge. I assume Waghorn will be similar as he also signed for less money than was offered elsewhere.

It's absolutely fine for us to make assumptions TB, but I'd argue that if we do so, then we need to assume that players like Martyn Waghorn, James Tavernier and Wes Foderingham are safe in our hands too in terms of their contracts.

Rumour that Clark and Law are free to go this month on FF.

That would be crazy unless we already have cover for them. Secondly why would we be paying for players and giving ours away for free?