Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

In regard to the Waghorn rumours I think he'd be crazy to move just now. We've all heard repeatedly how he's benefited from a consistent run of games and from having a manager who believes in him. Would he jeopardise that now?

Regarding Law, Clark and Bell I think we'd listen to any reasonable offers. I could believe we'd be willing to release Bell from his contract having signed the Polish goalkeeper. I don't think Clark will ever develop into a player who is a regular pick in the starting 11 but if he is to go then we need a better replacement. As for Law, although granted his wage could be an issue, Warburton spoke of him when he arrived and said he was an important part of his plans. Law offers something to the team - energy, workrate and experience but perhaps if we were to sign Diagouraga it would lead to a midfield 3 of Halliday, Diagouraga and Holt and Law wouldn't be as big a part of Warburtons plans.

With just over 2 weeks of the window left I'd like to see us sign a defensive midfield player (Diagouraga) and a striker. I have my doubts about whether O'Halloran would be a regular this season or next and would rather we targeted a genuine goalscorer like Tom Bradshaw. However, the players Warburton has signed have all fitted in well so I'm 100% comfortable with whoever he decides can add value.

To be honest i don't really get this defensive midfielder thing. We have not won the games we have lost or drawn because we cannot break down a packed defence and our centre backs have made mistakes on a 2 against 1 situation. Should we have a player on the field to babysit our erratic centre-backs. Halliday offers defensive cover and also sees the attacking plan. For next season we will need a defensive midfielder possibly but our problem this season is not a defensive midfielder it is a striker with a better average than 1 goal for 5\10 chances(Miller) and a defender that can command in a 1 on 1 situation.

To be honest i don't really get this defensive midfielder thing. We have not won the games we have lost or drawn because we cannot break down a packed defence and our centre backs have made mistakes on a 2 against 1 situation. Should we have a player on the field to babysit our erratic centre-backs. Halliday offers defensive cover and also sees the attacking plan. For next season we will need a defensive midfielder possibly but our problem this season is not a defensive midfielder it is a striker with a better average than 1 goal for 5\10 chances(Miller) and a defender that can command in a 1 on 1 situation.

I think your focusing on one problem. You can fix more than one problem at a time.

Both are issues.

It's absolutely fine for us to make assumptions TB, but I'd argue that if we do so, then we need to assume that players like Martyn Waghorn, James Tavernier and Wes Foderingham are safe in our hands too in terms of their contracts.

I think they are safe in our hands at this time, but I simply maintain we made a huge blunder opening up negotiations with some players unnecessarily early, and the consequences of such a mistake can affect others at the club.