Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Some suggestions in the media we've had two low-ball offers for O'Halloran knocked back but may go back with another offer. It's said St Johnstone want around £600K for him.

Given what we paid for Templeton and now the expected fee for O'Halloran, it does show a big difference in what we can pay in the Scottish market's supposed top end compared to scouting the lower leagues in England. Are the likes of Waghorn really worth less than this lad?

ridiculous if true. O'Halloran isn't a prolific scorer & has just two league goals this season

Snatched from FF regarding O'Halloran

Spoke to a family member of his last night and he expects him to be a Rangers player in January. I don't see it with him, but apparently he's desperate to sign despite being a Celtic fan.

Rab, O'Halloran ain't a striker, he's a winger. I don't think W&W view him as a striker either, but someone well suited for the 4-3-3. And his stats for this season are ...

Played 24 with 5 goals and 10 assists.

TM values him at 350k, which IMHO is about right.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/michael-ohalloran/profil/spieler/125158

Edited by der Berliner

Snatched from FF regarding O'Halloran

Rab, O'Halloran ain't a striker, he's a winger. I don't think W&W view him as a striker either, but someone well suited for the 4-3-3. And his stats for this season are ...

Played 24 with 5 goals and 10 assists.

TM values him at 350k, which IMHO is about right.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/michael-ohalloran/profil/spieler/125158

We need a striker not another winger

Call me whatever the hell you want, but i was http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk looking at potential buys we could look at. I noticed that there are loads of players who would do a job for us. One of the more controversial ones surrounding our recent hatred for them would be John Souttar of Dundee Utd - contracts ends this summer, has plenty of SPL experience and potential. Osman Sow another lad whose contract ends this season, has been prolific since joining Hearts, would be a goo steal i reckon. Shaleum Logan, ex Brentford lad, now at Aberdeen, contract ends this season, for the past few years now he has been superb for Aberdeen and can play anywhere on the right, i don't feel we have sufficient back up for Tavs so surely he would be decent enough.

Call me whatever the hell you want, but i was http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk looking at potential buys we could look at. I noticed that there are loads of players who would do a job for us. One of the more controversial ones surrounding our recent hatred for them would be John Souttar of Dundee Utd - contracts ends this summer, has plenty of SPL experience and potential. Osman Sow another lad whose contract ends this season, has been prolific since joining Hearts, would be a goo steal i reckon. Shaleum Logan, ex Brentford lad, now at Aberdeen, contract ends this season, for the past few years now he has been superb for Aberdeen and can play anywhere on the right, i don't feel we have sufficient back up for Tavs so surely he would be decent enough.

Welcome to the forum mate.

I was told a while back we're interested in Souttar but not sure if we've progressed it. Can't see Sow signing to be honest and while I agree some competition at right back would be useful, I don't think Logan fits the bill.

Edited by Frankie

i don't feel we have sufficient back up for Tavs so surely he would be decent enough.

I think most people agree with that and if we had had a back up he may well have been dropped/rested a while back although he seems to have had resurgence in the last couple of games.

However, Ryan Sinnamon is back now and deserves a chance.

Welcome to the forum, consider meeting fellow Gersnetters at the 4th Semi Annual Gersnet Dinner with Colin Stein and Willie Johnston on the 30th!

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?74883-The-4th-Gersnet-Dinner-on-30-January-2016-Featuring-Willie-Johnston-amp-Colin-Stein

Edited by BrahimHemdani