Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Thanks for above replies. I didn't think the guy who beat us at Ibrox was him but clearly it was. I'm sure he hasn't had an easier centre back pairing to play against all season as we were truly awful that night.

Still. He looks to have pace, an eye for goal, and is playing comfortably in the league we have to try to win next season. I'm happier being linked with players like this than nobodies from Accrington bloody Stanley!

I don't understand your logic in the slightest. Cammy Bell, Jon Daly, Templeton, Law, Sandaza and Black all were playing comfortably well in the top divison when we signed them and a lot of them have failed to perform. You have no idea how the accrington stanley guys will perform for us.

I don't understand your logic in the slightest. Cammy Bell, Jon Daly, Templeton, Law, Sandaza and Black all were playing comfortably well in the top divison when we signed them and a lot of them have failed to perform. You have no idea how the accrington stanley guys will perform for us.

If you are happy signing guys like that from clubs like that then good luck to you. I'm not, and the whole point of message boards is I get the chance to vent my frustration at our transfer activity.

If the guys get a chance in the first team next month (or next season if we cant do a deal to bring them in now), they will get my full support. I just wont hold out much hope that they can take us to 55, based purely on where their careers have went to date and the aspirations I have for my club.

He proved that day he can cause havoc on the break with plenty of room to run into. I wonder what he can do in a packed penalty area? The other thing that worries me is the old adage that if you play well against Rangers they will sign you.

Billy urquart springs to mind Pete lol......

If you are happy signing guys like that from clubs like that then good luck to you. I'm not, and the whole point of message boards is I get the chance to vent my frustration at our transfer activity.

If the guys get a chance in the first team next month (or next season if we cant do a deal to bring them in now), they will get my full support. I just wont hold out much hope that they can take us to 55, based purely on where their careers have went to date and the aspirations I have for my club.

I can see your point but we are not going to be buying players from top clubs (I'm assuming this is what you would like?) or any clubs for big money for a very long time IMO, if ever!

MW has done this at his previous clubs with success so why don't you think it would work here, where the top league here is at a lower level than probably even league one down south.

Celtic don't have a great team or quality players like both our clubs used to have and they won't be buying top players either and haven't for a while. We seem to getting players MW has managed before or that he knows a lot about them as a player and personality to fit in to his team and style of play. The player from Accrington Stanley is only 17, most players at the age can be a gamble, MW must think it's one worth taking and he can turn him into a good player or he wouldn't be looking at him, we have to trust the manager and his scouting team, if he fails then he will be gone simple as that.

I am really enjoying the football we are playing for the first time in years, yes sometimes it is frustrating but I do think it's so refreshing to see us try and pass the ball about (no long ball crap) , keep possession, creating bags of chances and we are scoring for fun most games. Most of the players we have are young and will learn and hopefully get better the more they play up here and together as a team, I can only see us getting better in everyway and with some more experienced players I think we will definitely challenge for number 55.

I have no problems with being linked to well scouted younger players compared to some of the rotten overpaid so called big name players we have had over the last 4 years or so.

11:44 JACOB MURTAGH

Rangers told to up offer for Bees star

Rangers have been told they will have to cough up £1million for Brentford midfielder Toumani Diagouraga.

Former Bees boss Mark Warburton is keen on a reunion with the Frenchman, who he also worked with at Watford.

However, Rangers failed with their opening offer for Diagouraga last week, which fell well short of Brentford’s valuation.

The Championship club want £1m up front plus add-ons for the 28-year-old, who still has 18 months remaining on his contract.

Diagouraga is one of the longest-serving players at Griffin Park, having first joined the club on loan in 2010.

£1M !!!! Value for money ?

I can see your point but we are not going to be buying players from top clubs (I'm assuming this is what you would like?) or any clubs for big money for a very long time IMO, if ever!

MW has done this at his previous clubs with success so why don't you think it would work here, where the top league here is at a lower level than probably even league one down south.

Celtic don't have a great team or quality players like both our clubs used to have and they won't be buying top players either and haven't for a while. We seem to getting players MW has managed before or that he knows a lot about them as a player and personality to fit in to his team and style of play. The player from Accrington Stanley is only 17, most players at the age can be a gamble, MW must think it's one worth taking and he can turn him into a good player or he wouldn't be looking at him, we have to trust the manager and his scouting team, if he fails then he will be gone simple as that.

I am really enjoying the football we are playing for the first time in years, yes sometimes it is frustrating but I do think it's so refreshing to see us try and pass the ball about (no long ball crap) , keep possession, creating bags of chances and we are scoring for fun most games. Most of the players we have are young and will learn and hopefully get better the more they play up here and together as a team, I can only see us getting better in everyway and with some more experienced players I think we will definitely challenge for number 55.

I have no problems with being linked to well scouted younger players compared to some of the rotten overpaid so called big name players we have had over the last 4 years or so.

Its not just the league they are in its the ability the have shown in that league over time. League + history+ Standing. The fact they have never played in front of crowds or been tested under stress. They are going into a fish bowl when they have never experienced anything even close. They are young very rough players who will play in front of a crowd who demand near perfection, they will be expected to hit the ground running and also compete with multi million pound signings from them.

Both Accrington players turn 22 in the next few weeks. The 17 year old is from barnet I think and has prove himself at u21s and looks like he has an abundance of talent. Can't see this one happening to be honest one of the bit clubs in england will gamble a mil on him

Anyone who cannot see an issue with all of that has his head firmly in the sand

Edited by trublusince1982