Kenny Miller signs a one year extension

MW likes a lightish squad so that means all have to be 'at the races' and ready to go.......I have my doubts Miller can operate in the top tier to the level we need on a regular basis (if required).

We haven't got the resources to be able to afford luxuries whom might just become a decent coach in time.

Don't think he's a luxury so much as a useful option to see out the last twenty minutes of a game once Waghorn (or whoever) is knackered.

Although the article speaks highly of the lad, I'd imagine his playing role will gradually decrease over the course of his contract and this is merely to retain him as an option in emergencies. He may feature regularly enough this season but I'd be surprised if he makes the squad next term.

I hope you are correct regarding him been used less and less. No problem with Miller helping out with the U20's but as a player it's a backward step.

Where to start with this nonsense!

Firstly, he has brought nothing to the team since his substitution appearance against Hibs IN JULY! Absolutely nothing. He still cant trap a ball, cant pass a ball, he now has no pace, and his finishing remains abysmal.

I cannot believe for a minute that Warburton has been impressed by his playing attributes this season. He might be a good influence off the field and in the dressing room, but so was Jig and we didnt give him another year (thankfully!).

I have no problem if he wants to retire and take up coaching and we let him shadow Durrant in the U-20's to see if he can make the grade. As long as he is not teaching them badge-kissing or how to control a pass by hitting it further away then he might make a good coach, who knows.

But to give him another year's playing contract is throwing good money away after bad to a complete mercenary who has always chased the buck throughout his career. Reading some of the comments you would think we were well placed for forwards and cash when the opposite is true.

He should have been told to find a coaching role in January as he was not going to play and give his game time to Hardie (a boy with a chance of a future in the game). Is our scouting really not that good that he cannot get an experienced forward much better than this for Miller's wages down south if he wants to retain some experience in the dressing room?

I am flabbergasted at this stupid move and the manager has gone down in my estimation with this nonsensical decision.

I thought the days of jobs for the boys were long gone but clearly not if you are an ass-kisser like Miller you can still get by without ability.

The guy has the experience to be used to come on as a late sub and no more. If our manager thinks we have the money to pay him a wage for that rather than using the money to pay somebody with prospects then who am I to argue with him ? Whatever pot of money Warburton has to spend next season has just been reduced. I hope he's got it right with this one.