Ferge Fit For Tel Aviv

Here is the team I would play and the explanations behind it...:)

McGregor, Hutton, Weir, Svensson, Murray, Burke, Fergie, Hendami, Thompson, Novo and Prso.

I considered playing Charlie Adam as although his all round displays have been poor recently, we really troubled them in the first leg from corners and Adam is the best deliverer of set-pieces that we have. If Thompson isn't fit, then Adam would play in my side.

Burke is included as he caused them huge problems in the first leg and hence his presence will put them on the defensive. I have gone for Novo and Prso upfront as IMO they both offer more on the European stage than Boyd and both offer move mobility in the final third (and both can score goals in this type of game).

Cammy F

Id go with that team but id MAYBE consider Sionko for Burke. I know il get pelters for that as he has been gash recently but maybe the euro night will suit him more.

The reason I put Burke instead of Sionko is the fact that Burkes pace, something that Sionka lacks really troubled them in the first leg, and they will be wary of that. This *could* lead to early bookings for them and set-pieces in dangerous areas that could help us build some decent pressure early on.

Cammy F

Gribz, the problem with playing Sionko ahead of Burke is, as you say, a Euro night MAY suit him better - we aren't in a position to play Sionko n a trial and error basis.

Burke gave Tel Aviv a torrid time awy from home so there is nothing to suggest he wouldn't at Ibrox - Sionko is a bencher at best !

This game is not the time for playing around with team or formation.

Sionko always gets in the box and can get a goal, he could of had a few on sunday but it just never fell for him.

As for Burke if he plays the way he did last season well there is only 1 man who should play

Maybe even both of them might play, Burke left, Sionko right

Sionko always gets in the box and can get a goal, he could of had a few on sunday but it just never fell for him.

Wit? :eek:

Sionko was shit on Sunday and was never in a position to have an attempt on goal nevermind score!

Guest brother426

I think we'll get joy from cross balls tomorrow night...so Burke and Adam should start...i just worry about our FBs...hutton inspires no confidence and Murray is clearly struggling with match fitness...we can do it...but if they score first I fear it's going to be a long night.