If there was a 'Gersnet Poster of the Year Award'.

Is there any such award?

Just for fun and acknowledgement to some of the fantastic posters on here of which there are many many as we approach Xmas.

A POTY vote from me would go to the 26th of Foot. A brilliant poster who has a level of intense integrity with a shade of nastiness all in good faith mind, and has a memory which puts mine to shame but at the same time inspiring me to remember them myself.

I have to 'Google' words 26th puts on up here to learn what they mean?...his sentences are something else, the way he put's his point across is interesting and thought provoking at the best of times.

If there was such an award...then 26th would get my vote.

If, like me, you admire 26th of Foot's contributions to this forum, then press the 'agree' button.:)

Is there any such award?

Just for fun and acknowledgement to some of the fantastic posters on here of which there are many many as we approach Xmas.

A POTY vote from me would go to the 26th of Foot. A brilliant poster who has a level of intense integrity with a shade of nastiness all in good faith mind, and has a memory which puts mine to shame but at the same time inspiring me to remember them myself.

I have to 'Google' words 26th puts on up here to learn what they mean?...his sentences are something else, the way he put's his point across is interesting and thought provoking at the best of times.

If there was such an award...then 26th would get my vote.

If, like me, you admire 26th of Foot's contributions to this forum, then press the 'agree' button.:)

We used to have a whole lot of awards including poster of the year. Funniest poster and the Gersnet hall of fame to name some. We have not done it for years though and I personally don't think it is still appropriate as we now have so many great posters. If we had writer of the year then we would have to choose one from all the fantastic writers and may risk losing some who feel the decision is incorrect. 26th is a fantastic poster but what about the work of the other fantastic writers with a different style. I am not going to name any in case I forget 1. I have no idea what Admin think of it but I prefer to keep the family feeling and not to put anyone above another.

Lots of good posters on here, the percentage is a lot higher compared to other sites with good reasoned debate.

The abuse handed out on other sites was the main reason I gave them up. Utter fuds who you just know would never have the bottle to say the same straight to your face.

The abuse handed out on other sites was the main reason I gave them up. Utter fuds who you just know would never have the bottle to say the same straight to your face.

I have been known to post on FF and always thought that it was like a fast moving City, full of all sorts of positive and negative.... compared to Gersnet that was more like a peaceful village where most know each other and take their time.

I tend to focus on the positives of both.

Edited by buster.

I have been known to post on FF and always thought that it was like a fast moving City, full of all sorts of positive and negative.... compared to Gersnet that was more like a more peaceful village where most know each other and take their time.

I tend to focus on the positives of both.

Reasoned or sometimes even unreasoned debate is one thing and I will make no comment on any particular site. But when admin start ammending comments, ban posters for winning a debate or allow certain posters to throw personal abuse without censure then it's time to get out.

I have always enjoyed the difference of opinion which is allowed on Gersnet provided it doesn't become personal or abusive. The quality of the comments is superb and to attempt to provide awards for any single entry, would be a herculean task for the adjudicator!

On the subject of quality writers, what's happened to Andy Steele? Always enjoyed his musings.

Edited by Davie P

Correct boabie, it's all about opinions not going at each others throats. Gersnet is a breath of fresh air to this auld bear..

Correct boabie, it's all about opinions not going at each others throats. Gersnet is a breath of fresh air to this auld bear..

I was a member here for a few months many years ago. I forgot my login so didn't bother until my main email address changed. Admin Frankie did me a good favour when I was here last time. I use t'internet for leisure and relaxation. If unwarranted abuse was what I was looking for I'd try some manky site. :seal: