A Big Big loss to the EPL...but they'll survive for a few more years yet as the product diminishes.

Money is more important than actual product.

Like a lot of things in the UK,............ they can't see the woods for the trees & copious bullshit.

Gutted for Mourinho. I'm a big fan. I truly believe the players have just not performed for him this year, and going by the response from the Chelsea fans, they don't disagree with me. How much can his application to tactics, strategy etc really change? IMO Mourinho rarely changes his approach. To me the players is the only differing variable. Everyone knows he's quite an arrogant figure -- not a bad thing -- but it's also true that most former players love him; It must be a fine line between love and hate.

Pep Guardiola is apparently leaving Bayern at the end of the year, with Man City favourites with Man Utd. Out of those, I don't see why he'd choose City over Utd? Maybe a 'blank cheque' at City, but Man Utd is so much more than that surely? Likewise, Chelsea, I don't think have the 'history' -- for want of a better word -- to attract Pep; He didn't choose Bayern for the money -- although it was a benefit!

I think Chelsea will get a stop-gap until the end of the season, then we'll see. I think (hope?) Guardiola will choose Utd over anyone else, because it fits IMO.

What's also interesting is Swansea going for Bielsa! The man that Guardiola says is the best in the world! Interesting to see 'the professor' ply his trade in the UK. It'll be interesting to see how the style of play works in British football.

Edited by Rousseau

Gutted for Mourinho. I'm a big fan. I truly believe the players have just not performed for him this year, and going by the response from the Chelsea fans, they don't disagree with me. How much can his application to tactics, strategy etc really change? IMO Mourinho rarely changes his approach. To me the players is the only differing variable. Everyone knows he's quite an arrogant figure -- not a bad thing -- but it's also true that most former players love him; It must be a fine line between love and hate.

Pep Guardiola is apparently leaving Bayern at the end of the year, with Man City favourites with Man Utd. Out of those, I don't see why he'd choose City over Utd? Maybe a 'blank cheque' at City, but Man Utd is so much more than that surely? Likewise, Chelsea, I don't think have the 'history' -- for want of a better word -- to attract Pep; He didn't choose Bayern for the money -- although it was a benefit!

I think Chelsea will get a stop-gap until the end of the season, then we'll see. I think (hope?) Guardiola will choose Utd over anyone else, because it fits IMO.

What's also interesting is Swansea going for Bielsa! The man that Guardiola says is the best in the world! Interesting to see 'the professor' ply his trade in the UK. It'll be interesting to see how the style of play works in British football.

If the manager loses the dressing room he deserves to lose his job. Mourinho lost the dressing room, therefore he had to lose his job.

I have ZERO sympathy for him. Why ? He knows how the game works and has played it long enough. Not only that but he stuck with the tried and tested, all of whom are a year older.

I disagree that the players is the only differing variable because football is continually an evolving product. If Mourinho rarely changes his approach then that leaves him vulnerable, just look at us in the last half dozen games since everyone knows how to play us now.

If Guardiola had his choice of teams I suspect he would choose Utd because of the history. Would love to see him at Arsenal but that would be a tough sell if Wenger wins the league this year as he wouldn't want to retire. Utd is steeped in history but City isn't. I think Utd would give him a heft cheqeubook too. Chelsea's history isn't as attractive as Utd's - but then nobody's in England is, to be fair.

I love him well worth watching his teams but he has become another victim of player power there are at least five in his squad who have downed tools these blokes are paid a fortune and as such are assets to the club so the chairman cant sack them so the manager took the derry