Rangers v Hibs, thoughts on big game mentality

From Rangers official site:

Asked by a reporter if Stubbs’ comments today, and from the past, are an ‘irritation’, he joked: “Not at all, far from it.

Irritation is not buying my wife a Christmas present yet, that’s an irritation and a crisis in my books. I’ll hopefully resolve that this afternoon!

“Everyone is different and people can talk about their own team or other teams. As far as we are concerned our focus has to be here.

“This is a big club with big expectation, a big fan-base and there will be a packed stadium on Monday. So we have to make sure that what we do here is focus on what we do best.”

article can be found here

and for those who missed it in the pressed conference:-

2:48 and then repeated again at 3:20

Edited by Maxdazzy

You could say this game is a six pointer at the halfway point of our season , I think defeat could be a huge setback to the moral of both the team and the fans

We really need to win this game,if only to put out a message,but I don't think if we lost it would end our chance of winning the title!,but I do believe we should win this match

I think MW has done well enough to receive an easy ride from the fans. A defeat here would turn that on it's head. I think there is enough optimism to gloss over the possibility but things will change dramatically if we're not top of the league at the end of the year.

It is vital we get our tactics & team selection right for the Hibz game. We need to start scoring more goals again.

The GK &back four ar more or less decided with the only decision being Ball or Wilson at CB.

In MF I'd like to see Haliday, Holt, Law & McKay out wide supplying two strikers. I'm no fan of Miller or Clark but they're all we've got at the moment. I've not seen enough of young Hardy to say whether he should play or not. We urgently need at least one top notch striker next month if we're to go up as champions.

I'd prefer Waghorn, Oduwa and Zalelam sat this one out. None are really contributing at the moment and I feel Law offers more of a goal threat than either Oduwa or Zalelam. Waghorn,despite the creditable number of goals so far,has shaded a bit and has become very much a hit or miss player at the moment. Mostly miss unfortunately.

Hibz are easily beatable. They're mediocre at best but they always look well-organised to me and if we do get our tactics & team selection right we will win.

You were doing well there rab until you said that you think waghorn should sit this one out. Are you mental? Lol he's the only one that looks capable of scoring. I think kiernan ball and Wilson will start and law has to start cos he's tougher than our lightweight's in the midfield..