Rangers open contract talks with Jason Holt, Andy Halliday and Barrie McKay

Jackson has got inside info from Paul Murray for years, so I'm not surprised just disappointed that that particular anti-Rangers paper gets preferential treatment.

I keep getting told that money is tight, to not expect quality signings that get fans pumping £15M or so pa into the club excited, so to see money being spent unnecessarily in this fashion annoys me.

I like these 3 players and while I am glad if they are now on longer deals, I find the timing completely stupid. For Holt/Halliday they are barely in the door. Nobody can tell me these two are unsettled, or feel unloved, or frustrated at game-time, or that we have had bids for them, so there is no reason whatsoever for spending a few hundred grand on already happy contracted players, when we have so much to do both on the playing and non-playing side at the club.

I could be wrong, but you're maybe missing a bigger picture here mate. When this rumour initially broke I was thinking it was just directly in response to the situation with Accrington, but in retrospect it's probably being dished out as a sort of double edged sword because it's a good thing for our targets and possible signings to see too.

Had Ally done this type of thing for players barely in the door and on fairly long term contracts already, there would rightly be criticism about it. It seems the magic hat also casts magic spells over fans ability to happily wave away the spunking away of a few hundred grand (increase in wages, signing bonuses, agents fees etc) at a time when we are scraping around the 3rd/4th tier of England for players and have many things needing done around the stadium.

What are these players going to get, an extra year added on to their contracts, giving them another 3.5 years instead of 2.5 years with a bumper wage rise. These guys have probably never earned as much money as they are on here already, so why the rush to give them more? It is exactly the sort of thing we have been criticising our club for for many years, but all of a sudden it is ok now?

What will Tav, Waggy & Wes be thinking? How are they all getting wage rises and I am not? I have been playing as well as them but obviously the gaffer doesnt rate me as highly?

I just cannot see any good reason for doing this at this time, and nothing I have read gives an adequate explanation for it either, other than just shut up and trust the manager. I thought we were past all that blind faith nonsense after what we have been through?

Also for consideration: the longer a deal these players have, the bigger the price tag. These three alongside Waghorn and Tavernier have made a name for themselves in recent months, and thus will attract interest.

yeah would imagine that and the fact Warburton wants to reassure them of their place while we go about bringing in a lot of new faces.

Had Ally done this type of thing for players barely in the door and on fairly long term contracts already, there would rightly be criticism about it. It seems the magic hat also casts magic spells over fans ability to happily wave away the spunking away of a few hundred grand (increase in wages, signing bonuses, agents fees etc) at a time when we are scraping around the 3rd/4th tier of England for players and have many things needing done around the stadium.

What are these players going to get, an extra year added on to their contracts, giving them another 3.5 years instead of 2.5 years with a bumper wage rise. These guys have probably never earned as much money as they are on here already, so why the rush to give them more? It is exactly the sort of thing we have been criticising our club for for many years, but all of a sudden it is ok now?

What will Tav, Waggy & Wes be thinking? How are they all getting wage rises and I am not? I have been playing as well as them but obviously the gaffer doesnt rate me as highly?

I just cannot see any good reason for doing this at this time, and nothing I have read gives an adequate explanation for it either, other than just shut up and trust the manager. I thought we were past all that blind faith nonsense after what we have been through?

There is an awful lot of assumption in there TB regarding wage raises, bonuses, agents fees etc. The reality is we simply don't know if it is on increased terms or on the same terms but provides the player with additional stability with a longer contract.

I'm not saying you are wrong, merely that we have no idea what these amended contracts mean.

In this day and age there is not a professional player with an agent that would, some months after signing a 3 year deal, sign a longer deal on the same terms after performing well and being an automatic pick. You're not that naive Craig, come on!

As I said, I'm not saying you are wrong because I agree with what you say - but without knowing the terms we simply cant know for sure. Some players don't allow their agents to do all their bidding - though sadly it is a dying trend. Agents are the scourge of the game IMHO.

Having watched McKay today moving into a midfield role when the substitutions were made I think,albeit versus a lower team, he excelled and with the form of both Holt and Halliday they can really improve if given the chance in a higher league,good business by MW.

I thought Holt was pretty invisible today. I only heard his name mentioned on a couple of occasions.

McKay was outstanding as was Wallace. Waghorn was not motm for me as Tavernier did the work to get the penalties. They both played excellent as well though. McKay MOTM