Nicky Law targets new deal

Wasn't talking about Warburton was talking about the posters on here who said they only wanted young players with sell on value brought in.

To be pedantic... At this point Miller and Law should be discounted as they are not being "brought in" :D

Law has had way, way, way more poor games than good ones. We need a lot better, it's that simple. Is Nicky Law really the standard of player we want to challenge Celtic and feature in European cup games?

Law is arguably a better standard than windass and ohalleron.

Think we need better than them all.

He was dross last year. Anyone can use stats to prove any point they like. Played the invisible man all season last season. Funny how all of a sudden he is playing well..... Oh aye, his contract is up and he won't get anywhere near the same deal elsewhere - go figure.

Not sure whether that is the sole reason though. Law wasn't too bad the (unbeaten in the league) season before, whereas last season it was essentially a shocker from nigh all people involved. New management, new style of play and different players around him can change and mean a lot. I for one wouldn't mind watching him play for the rest of the season to see how he shapes up. I doubt MW is someone who will condone any slack displays, so even if he's getting a new deal (and if any, I assume it won't be a long one), next season will start long before the transfer window closes.

He was dross last year. Anyone can use stats to prove any point they like. Played the invisible man all season last season. Funny how all of a sudden he is playing well..... Oh aye, his contract is up and he won't get anywhere near the same deal elsewhere - go figure.

If Law was dross last year and still managed to be our leading scorer with 13 goals AND 9 assists i.e. he scored or assisted a score in 40% of the matches he played in, then it's unfortunate that we didn't have more dross players like him or we would have gone up in a canter.

That Bermuda sun or the rum punch must be getting to you, Sir.

If Law was dross last year and still managed to be our leading scorer with 13 goals AND 9 assists i.e. he scored or assisted a score in 40% of the matches he played in, then it's unfortunate that we didn't have more dross players like him or we would have gone up in a canter.

That Bermuda sun or the rum punch must be getting to you, Sir.

No, you are quite incorrect. He scored 13 goals and got 9 assists in Scotland's SECOND tier. He WAS dross. But so were the others.

You are having a laugh BH. If we had more like him we would have went up in a canter ? :D Not a chance of it. You wont convince me otherwise, he was rotten last season. He was hiding and abdicated his responsibilities consistently. Popping up to score a goal here and there bears no relation to the competence of performance.

I would suggest that the Spanish sun and sangria are affecting your senses :D