The Rangers Independent Fans Consortium Ltd (another group?)

From FF

Re. the 'Rangers Independent Fans Consortium'

Dr Scott Reid who is apparently on the RF Board, but isn't standing for re-election, has tweeted Mark Dingwall telling him that neither Graham Campball or Ronnie Johnston had informed the Board members of RF that they were forming what appears to be a provisional vehicle for a breakaway Consortium.

I'm actually completely lost now.

RF members voted to discuss how to move forward, but not agreeing to a merge yes?

Current vote is to replace the entire board, again not to be merged at this point?

No one has agreed to a merge have they?

Someone has set up a shelf company which has basically freaked everyone out?

I do not know half the names talking or being talked about, so I kinda had to vote based on CV's

I'm actually completely lost now.

RF members voted to discuss how to move forward, but not agreeing to a merge yes?

Current vote is to replace the entire board, again not to be merged at this point?

No one has agreed to a merge have they?

Someone has set up a shelf company which has basically freaked everyone out?

I do not know half the names talking or being talked about, so I kinda had to vote based on CV's

Yes, IIRC they voted for a discussion - not a merge per se.

Current vote is to replace the board who have ran the organisation so far. I think a few people are standing again.

No merge has been agreed. Discussions - including reps of RF - are ongoing with the club, other groups and external consultants. Only when a final plan is proposed will each group have a final vote. That will take a few months yet I'd fancy.

Yes, IIRC they voted for a discussion - not a merge per se.

Current vote is to replace the board who have ran the organisation so far. I think a few people are standing again.

No merge has been agreed. Discussions - including reps of RF - are ongoing with the club, other groups and external consultants. Only when a final plan is proposed will each group have a final vote. That will take a few months yet I'd fancy.

Spot on summary

From Graham and Ronnie

The Rangers International Fans Consortium is a shell company set up by Ronnie Johnston and myself to do two things.

Firstly when we set it up we felt it was inevitable that Rangers First was going to lose its independence and there was nothing we could do to stop it. We mentioned it to many people we respect and admire.

However we received a lot of encouragement from a them and a variety of other people to stand for the board of Rangers First on an independence ticket.

Knowing that Ronnie and I would come under attack from some who have had nothing to do with Rangers First and wanted nothing but failure for the CIC from the start it was an arduous decision, but one we were very glad to make. As stated in the pledge we have made with other candidates we still believe the success of Rangers First came from It's independence and will in the future.

Secondly and this was my personal point of view it showed the folly of a catch all merged fans group. What was to stop at any time now or in the future two or three like minded people getting together setting up a company, constitute it properly, call yourself a catchy name and try to persuade other fans to join. It's the very origin of Rangers First and indeed all other fans groups.

Rangers are a broad church with many many different point of views about fan ownership, media relations and even who to play up front on a Saturday. We believe, and so do many many members of Rangers First, that there is a need for more than one organised fans shareholders group. Rangers fans should have a choice.

Ronnie and I will of course fully respect the decision of the members of Rangers First and if the merger goes ahead try to ensure any new body is completely independent.

However like every Rangers fans should do, given our recent history, we will continue to question and if we believe a merged group is not run independently and without interference from any board of the Club reserve the right to see if other Rangers supporters agree with us. We sincerely hope we never have to activate the Rangers International fans consortium

And finally we would like to ask everyone to respect all candidates and vote for whichever candidate they think best represents their views

Graham Campbell

Ronnie Johnston

Edited by Frankie

From Graham and Ronnie

Shouldn't they have told the RF board about this or included it in their electoral literature so as to let voters know what their plans were ? Aren't their rules within the RF about directors of other incorporated fans groups standing for election ?

On top of the controversial circumstances on how they left RST when is it anyone will be able to trust anything they do or say.

They may be free to do whatever they want but who is going to follow that type of Machiavellian leadership ?

#Discredited_IMO

Edited by buster.

For clarity, it's also worth highlighting this CIC shell:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC520806/officers

I notice it's Rab Marshall of the Louden's company but that Greg who is standing used to be a director before resigning - presumably because he was standing for RF.

This is all a bit needless and bizarre.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh. Right. I've had enough of this. I will stay a member of RST and RF, I pray for a transparent, unified fans' group that will always put our beloved club's interest first. (I also hanker after proof of Santa Claus's existence.) However, I'm not going to read any more about the fans' groups, I'm going to stick to other threads and just see what we end up with further down the line.

Since I'm not that far off 60, I doubt the fan-splitting threads will be over before I am, however.

Edited by SteveC

From FF

Re. the 'Rangers Independent Fans Consortium'

Dr Scott Reid who is apparently on the RF Board, but isn't standing for re-election, has tweeted Mark Dingwall telling him that neither Graham Campball or Ronnie Johnston had informed the Board members of RF that they were forming what appears to be a provisional vehicle for a breakaway Consortium.

So we have a Provisional and a Continuity and a breakaway Consortium, or am i confused?

So we have a Provisional and a Continuity and a breakaway Consortium, or am i confused?

It might be poor grammar and/or wording on my part but the two directors give their own description/explanation in the statement in Frankie's post above.

Edited by buster.