Shout out to all our contributors

Sixteen years, bloody hell. Well done Frankie and all involved. Some of your writers are excellent, but you, and your team, create the environment that enables them to contribute in the first place. If the forum wasn't as well monitored as it is you wouldn't attract the good writers in the first place.

A big well done and more importantly a big thank you to everyone who makes Gersnet happen.

16 years??? That is really something.

Going back 16 years from this day the 12th February in the 1999-2000 season Rangers FC didn't do too bad either.

Top of the league with 16 games left to play, we won 12 of them (including 1-0 and 4-0 victories against the filth) our only defeat came in the last game at Motherwell with the title already sealed.

It was the season Dick Advocaat led us to his 2nd title consecutive title, the one we won by 21 clear points!

The Scottish Cup:

We had already reached the 4th Round (known as Fifth Round today) with a 2-0 win over St Johnstone. Rd 4 saw Morton dispatched 1-0, the Q-F resulted in a 4-1 win over Hearts, Ayr United were skelped 7-0 in the S-F, the game where Kanchelskis did this...

CHEEKY BUGGER! :D

The Final was won by 4 goals to nil against the sheep, Van Bronckhorst, Vidmar, Dodds and Albertz netting to secure the 'double'.

How time flies eh? Happy Anniversary Gersnet.

Thanks for the everything Frankie and the other Mods and the wonderful contributors on Gersnet. This is the only forum I subscribe to, largely because of the quality of writing but also because of the respectful way the forum operates (in the main). It is my first port of call for all things Rangers. Thanks also for the Twitter links. I was following many but am now following all!

• 2 weeks later...
Happy 31st birthday today to wee Stuart Miller who founded the original Gersnet site over 15 years ago...!

Time flies!

I remember Stuart and the change-over although I always imagined him as big for some reason.

Maybe you can do a wee bit on the history of the site Frankie. Not sure there is much to tell but it would give us an idea of the early years. Who has been on from the very beginning or at least early. The top poster when I begun was a Celtic supporter (Keef I think) and I believe he had about 1500 posts. I know Cammy Fraser was around then and possibly Gribz. How many of our present members were also members then?

PS Happy birthday Stuart and thanks for the Gersnet.

Edited by pete

I remember Stuart and the change-over although I always imagined him as big for some reason.

Maybe you can do a wee bit on the history of the site Frankie. Not sure there is much to tell but it would give us an idea of the early years. Who has been on from the very beginning or at least early. The top poster when I begun was a Celtic supporter (Keef I think) and I believe he had about 1500 posts. I know Cammy Fraser was around then and possibly Gribz. How many of our present members were also members then?

PS Happy birthday Stuart and thanks for the Gersnet.

I can't remember exactly myself mate but I'd imagine Stuart and Cammy were certainly around early doors and there were one or two Celtic fans on the forum as well in the days before trolls. I think I started using the site properly around 2002/03 and took over the running of it from Stu around 2005/06.

The three main sites I remember from the early noughties were Gersnet, FF and a site called Ibrox Underground which is the one I used most at the time as I liked the design. I think it was a guy called Red that run that (possibly called Stewart Redmond?) but it stopped around 2003 (perhaps explaining my move to Gersnet).

I used most of the sites myself as I was the CM/FM Rangers researcher at the time so it was useful for fan opinions on players and the club.

You can view the earliest capture of Gersnet from Nov 2000 here: http://web.archive.org/web/20001119083200/http://www.gersnet.com/