Rangers First board election: Gersnet's voting poll...

Gersnet voting for the new Rangers First board.  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Gersnet voting for the new Rangers First board.

• Candidate 1 : Peter Ewart
    • Candidate 2 : Alan Harris
    • Candidate 3 : Ronnie Johnston
    • Candidate 4 : Brian Bowman
    • Candidate 5 : Derek Miller
    • Candidate 6 : Graham Campbell
    • Candidate 7 : Ricki Neill
    • Candidate 8 : Chris Smith
    • Candidate 9 : Brian Donohoe exMP
    • Candidate 10 : Iain Martin
    • Candidate 11 : Andy McLintock (WITHDRAWN)
    • Candidate 12 : Richard Scott BA
    • Candidate 13 : James Blair
    • Candidate 14 : Greg Marshall
    • Candidate 15 : Kelly Johnstone
    • Candidate 16 : Adam Campbell
    • Candidate 17 : Ryan Thomson
    • Candidate 18 : Stuart MacQuarrie
    • Candidate 19 : Marc Alexander
    • Candidate 20 : Graeme Henderson
    • Candidate 21 : Richard Gough
    • Candidate 22 : Darren Thomson
    • Candidate 23 : Calvin Campbell

Incidentally, I have 11 pages of notes from the meeting which I will try to type up and post in instalments over the next few days.

Unless you have explicit permission from RF to post your minutes from the meeting here on Gersnet, then I'd advise that you don't post them here.

Incidentally, I have 11 pages of notes from the meeting which I will try to type up and post in instalments over the next few days.

It was before I joined here BH and excuse me if I'm addressing the wrong man, but did posting minutes of a meeting not previously cause both discord amongst the support online and bother to your good self mate ?

I disagree Craig, i think plgsarmy words were direct and what was her true feelings. The merger will be pushed through, the board want it and the support want it imho.

What remains to be seen though is, will the supporters representatives of the joint group, when negotiating on our behalf, will they stoutly defend the supporters interest's or meekly fall in line with what the club wants?

That will be the true test of the groups independence.

I'm on here as an individual and not representing the RST. The view I gave was my own partly but if four organisations' members vote for it and one doesn't then I think it will go ahead and will be popular with the wider support. The proposal will be available as soon as it's ready. Do people really expect me to leak details?

I'm on here as an individual and not representing the RST. The view I gave was my own partly but if four organisations' members vote for it and one doesn't then I think it will go ahead and will be popular with the wider support. The proposal will be available as soon as it's ready. Do people really expect me to leak details?

No i don't think they do? Also i didn't think you were representing the RST when you gave your thoughts on the merger. But sometimes in all the discussion, posts and threads one can get confused when you do and don't speak for the RST. Not a criticism btw, just an observation.

Unless you have explicit permission from RF to post your minutes from the meeting here on Gersnet, then I'd advise that you don't post them here.

I'm surprised at that view Zappa and of course they would be my own notes not any attempt to create official Minutes. (It wasn't clear if anyone was taking official Minutes although I suspect that that would amount to a very short record that official statements were read and a Q&A followed.)

I would also point to a "LIKE" from newly elected Director, Greg Marshall posting as the Louden Tavern on RM when I said the same thing on that site and his post

Kelly also has notes that are going to be put together - she was focusing on things for the board to discuss at the first board meeting but that should be out over the next few days hopefully.

GM

which suggests to me that he doesn't see any issue.

The point was also made that the press were present and I'm quite sure that there is a lot already out there on Twitter but if the powers that be don't want me to post anything on here then fair enough, you guys call the shots.

EDit: I'll add that a picture of the meeting was posted on RM which shows my baldy head and no one asked my permission to do that, nor am I in the last bit concerned. (And yes I know that that is RM and this is Gersnet but either it's a meeting that can be reported or it isn't.)

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I don't suppose you'll take advice from me Christine but I would suggest that if a person in your position on the Board of the RST and also representing them at the merger talks makes the kind of statement referred to, you should state explicitly that it is your own opinion. Regardless most people will take it as an informed view, so you might also want to consider if it's best to keep your own counsel until the proposals are released.

It was before I joined here BH and excuse me if I'm addressing the wrong man, but did posting minutes of a meeting not previously cause both discord amongst the support online and bother to your good self mate ?

Firstly genuine thanks for trying to keep me out of trouble.

I get in bother for so many things that I don't remember them all though there's usually someone who will remind me.

I did hear it was suggested elsewhere that I had posted Minutes of an RFB meeting but I don't think that was correct as I was only at one and didn't take the Minutes. IIRC Rev MacQuarrie took the the Chair and the Minutes. No doubt FS will be quick to correct me if I'm wrong.

I did take some Minutes at the initial RF meetings and it may well have been the case that I jumped the gun there but if I did it was in the interests of transparency which is one of the founding principles of that organisation.

RF have not published Minutes for nearly 2 years and I supported Brian Bowman last night when he said that that was a ridiculous situation and Brian Donohoe agreed that adopoted Minutes should always be published.

I did hear it was suggested elsewhere that I had posted Minutes of an RFB meeting but I don't think that was correct as I was only at one and didn't take the Minutes. IIRC Rev MacQuarrie took the the Chair and the Minutes. No doubt FS will be quick to correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not aware that you did post any RFB minutes (if that clears it up any).

I'm not aware that you did post any RFB minutes (if that clears it up any).

Thanks.

I'm sure I didn't as i said I didn't take any. I obviously took my own notes about the issues I raised on behalf of "away fans" and the answers that were given and I'm sure I posted about that stuff but then again that was the point wasn't it, open discussion with the fans.

I get in bother for so many things that I don't remember them all though there's usually someone who will remind me.

The minutes from the first meeting of the RFB contained the proposal below......which when you read between the lines makes perfect sense regards the interests of he who proposed it :)

"Alan Harris proposed, “Elected representatives shall not write, send or post any comment on social media or internet forums or the like which a reasonable person would interpret as denigrating any other Elected Representative” After discussion the Motion was agreed subject to adding “ or the Club or supporters body” after the words ‘Elected Representatives. This would be incorporated into the Code of Conduct for RFB Members."

http://rangers.co.uk/images/FansBoard/Minutes/RFB_Minutes_061014.pdf

ps. doesn't mention who took them but they were obviously considered 'official'.

Edited by buster.