RFFF statement - youth development at Auchenhowie proposed

At the RST agm Stewart Robertson stated that a solar energy company were interested in putting solar panel on the roofs at Ibrox. He was not sure about the deal as one part of it was that they would need to publicise to all fans.

Now that is seriously interesting!

Disagree regarding putting distance between 2013 and the Club now. 2012-2015 is part of our history. A painful part but one we shouldn't be forgetting easily.

I just don't want to see the Club opening a museum so close to those events and at a time when the events are all so fresh.

Making it solar powered would eat into a large part of that budget. I agree it would be great but unless it is hugely subsidised I can't see it being a part of that 450.000 estimate. I would think a good solar system with the needed power would be at least a quarter of that budget. I am no expert though.

Solar panel systems have roughly halved in cost in the past few years pete. A system for a detached house which used to cost say £20k can now be bought and fitted for about £10k.

I would like to see nets put up behind the goals!,the amount of flying balls hammering into the crowd before the match starts is crazy!:),it is a fecking danger zone:lol:

Recently,the amount of balls hammering into the crowd when the match is in progress is also crazy!!

Recently,the amount of balls hammering into the crowd when the match is in progress is also crazy!!

Aye but at least everyone is focusing on the game and looking at the ball, pre match everyone is sitting/standing chatting during the warm up!:)

What concerns me about this is the original proposal being priced at £1.2M then brought down to £440K. If this is to go ahead then I would have rather the RFFF had issued this to the contributors to the fund to seek approval, then give various proposals. If the desired option was one that cost more - then look at ways to cover the shortfall such as further fundraising or sponsorship.

I would hate this to become a project that was designed and built to minimise costs just for the sake of being seen to be doing something that, from what it appears, isn't a real requirement. If the more expensive option would be nicer to look at and would meet a greater number of requirements for such a project - then I don't feel comfortable with the decisions being made over the areas to cut back being made without involving the support / contributors.

What concerns me about this is the original proposal being priced at £1.2M then brought down to £440K. If this is to go ahead then I would have rather the RFFF had issued this to the contributors to the fund to seek approval, then give various proposals. If the desired option was one that cost more - then look at ways to cover the shortfall such as further fundraising or sponsorship.

I would hate this to become a project that was designed and built to minimise costs just for the sake of being seen to be doing something that, from what it appears, isn't a real requirement. If the more expensive option would be nicer to look at and would meet a greater number of requirements for such a project - then I don't feel comfortable with the decisions being made over the areas to cut back being made without involving the support / contributors.

The main problem is, I doubt there is any way to contact those who contributed .

Iknow its only an outline drawing,however,if we are seriously looking to attract say---250-300 supporters to attend this stand,the toilet facilities for the punters surely cant be 5m from the dressing rooms and 1.5m from the refs door?Stick on proper lavvies at either end of the development and you are looking at say £100,000 over buget straight away.

I suppose you could tell everyone to have a piss before they attend.

Perhaps if its "invitation only" it might work.