RFFF statement - youth development at Auchenhowie proposed

They'rs so much more needed repaired and renewed at Ibrox before this.

It's the fans money, so i would rather something was built or bought at Ibrox that would be of benefit for the fans, especially for our disabled brethren.

I look forward to the ceremonial unveiling of the new RFFF lavvies in the Broomie Front.

RFFF part of statement:

Anyone with alternative thoughts on how to invest the funds please contact us through our official website - http://www.rangersfansfightingfund.uk/contact.asp - providing full name,email address and Rangers number.

We will hold a meeting in the Ibrox Suite at 7.30pm on Monday 29 February to discuss this proposal in further detail but in the meantime please take a look at the attached PDF which outlines our plan.

Whilst picking up my Petrofac cup final tickets at the ticket office yesterday, I couldn't help notice the poor state of the roadways around the back of the Broomloan, SJ & Copland Road stands. I'd like to see this improved upon at some point.

Unfortunately we don't get GCC handouts like certain other clubs though.

Edited by RANGERRAB

would like to see the brick wall along the front put back up creating an enclosed area around the stadium which could be bit by bit turned into a fans zone.

An area created for a brick pathway snaking around the stadium made of the usual bricks with the fans names on would also be a revenue creator, if the rfff covered all costs associated with sold bricks allowing 100% of the price going to Rangers youth

Folk could debate about the best use (or non-use) of the remaining RFFF money for years, but personally, I think this Academy project concept is first class.

It expands on the existing Academy facilities and provides new ones which clearly improve on what are already world class facilities at Murray Park.

Regarding some previous comments about numbers currently attending our youth games, the Club doesn't publicly encourage fans to attend Academy matches at Murray Park because there's a lack of facilities like these with seating, toilets etc all detached from the main Training Centre complex.

Folk here have also mentioned running costs, but I really don't see any issue in that respect. If it was solar powered the day to day running costs could be virtually zero with the only real cost being the occasional replacement bulb, fluorescent tube etc.

Cleaning and maintenance costs would be minimal too since you'd have to think that existing Murray Park staff should be able to cope with it and if they can't, then can the Club really not afford to hire an extra part-time janitor/caretaker?

Looking at the project proposal from a different angle, another aspect I like about it is that it's not the sort of necessity which the Club itself would be budgeting for any time soon because there's so many things needing done at Ibrox, many of which are necessities which the Club are going to NEED to budget for and spend significant amounts of money on. The £450k being discussed here wouldn't even cover 10% of the work needing done at Ibrox, nowhere near it in fact.

As for a museum, I think the Club should put a lot more distance between itself and the events of 2012 before building a museum. A lot more.

... and place some solar cells on the roof and get your own power supply! That said, one would have to check which side the roof is actually facing. Not much use if it only catches the Aurora borealis :D

I think the proposed structure's main sloped roof would be facing somewhere between NNE & NE, but that shouldn't be a major issue as a row of solar panels could easily be angled in the opposite direction.