Wes Foderingham

We have a fairly good innings in our history when it comes to Goalkeepers.

I thought Wes was on top of his game tonight, made vital saves which doesn't get enough recognition.

I feel for his size he should command his box better. I almost have a heart attack every time a high ball is crossed in. I think he could have done better with some of the shots(goals) from outside the box as well. He is excellent in playing football and is almost a sweeper. He has very quick reactions and gets down well for such a big guy. He is a good keeper but if he could be better with crosses and decision making when to come for them he would be a great keeper.

Agree with Pete.

At the start of the season he was more commanding when claiming crosses but since the defeat by Hibs when he probably should have done better at their second goal he has been a bit hesitant.

Also shots from outside the box have beaten him a bit to easily as was seen by his positioning for the Killie goal in midweek.

All in all i think he is a good goalkeeper and will improve as he matures as he is still young.

Like Goran and Klos before him, he is taking time to settle in and show his true worth. I think that is where the comparisons will end but I am more content with his form now than at the start of the season and he is progressing well.

Still makes mistakes and lacks concentration at times, and I really want a guy his size to be more commanding when we defend corners as our centre backs need the help, but he is starting to get some clean sheets which will help confidence. Should be all the better next season for the experience this season.

I think he's very good. Yes, perhaps he could be more commanding at times but generally his shot-stopping is excellent and there's no doubt the quality of his distribution is key to the way we play.

Goalie sticking up for Goalie shocker eh ........

I do agree though :-)

Goalie sticking up for Goalie shocker eh ........

I do agree though :-)

Haha!

Seriously though, the lad must have some confidence to play some of the passes he does - especially the medium length balls out wide over the top of opposition players' heads. Best thing is, he's bloody accurate with them and that's really useful for when teams press us high up the park.

Haha!

Seriously though, the lad must have some confidence to play some of the passes he does - especially the medium length balls out wide over the top of opposition players' heads. Best thing is, he's bloody accurate with them and that's really useful for when teams press us high up the park.

Agreed.

Even from day 1 when it put us in trouble at times, the crowd were getting impatient but we all know it's how we play, straight from the manager and a huge part of our analysis in terms of possession stuff etc.

He's very much improved, as have our back 4 also as a unit. Still work to be done but progress all the same.