Dave King Statement ( and interim accounts)

Welcome though these financial results may be it only proves the point I've always made that we really need to be in the top division & competing in Europe.

Which has helped Yahoo FC enormously? You see, this is correct and any additional income is needed, but playing in the Scottish top tier will give us how much more money exactly?

We'll get a bigger pay-out should we finish further up the table, not according to e.g. our viewing figures. Where the discrepancies lie. So 8 out of 12 Premiership teams will earn more this season than us, again. With viewing figures dwarved by ours. So we'd need to finish rather high up the table to earn "significant" figures. Perhaps the Yahoos have shed money like there is no tomorrow (too large a sqaud etc.), but heavily rely on big-money sales to stay away from the red figure. Enter Europe. You'd have to be rather successful still to get any significant* money out of the Europa League. The CL is at least one-and-a-half year away (money from it a year further), and given what opposition one might face, still very much a dream at this moment and time. At least when it comes to survive the qualifiers and the group stage and thus rake in 10m. Hence, as King said, while that remains our long term aim, we will have to spend prudently and wisely and will, in our environment still run at a loss for a few years still. A sustainable loss. Perhaps, if Waghorn and McKay keep their form and "our Southampton" from the EPL happens by and throws 5m plus for each player at us, the situation will change. But that is the stark reality.

*Any money is significant for us, of course. But IMHO, developing and selling players, having a membership scheme and a new share issue are the best bets to laying a solid base for greater things in the mid-term future.

I'll start by getting a Eurojackpot ticket for Friday, Euro 50m would come in healthy ...

The thing that gets me is that the likes of Borussia Dortmund rake in over €75m for advertising - and while I see their bigger market, surely it's mostly still limited to a fraction of the population due to lots of other big clubs. I don't understand why we can't command a proportional amount with regards to fan base.

Other income they have is over €22m for conferencing and catering as well as over €19m in merchandising.

Surely we're missing a trick somewhere?

I realise we can't compete with their €82m in TV although Scottish football has effectively sabotaged itself there - as well as Scottish people severely undermining the marketability of the product by paying to watch English football, and it would be a massive increase if we could just get the income proportional to the viewing figures there.

I think we missed a massive trick in not attempting to join the English Conference or even lower, three seasons ago.

I think we missed a massive trick in not attempting to join the English Conference or even lower, three seasons ago.

While they have a clan-mentality of their own, I doubt the English turkeys are equally foolish as their Scottish fellows and would vote for x-mas. I cannot see any of them (or indeed a majority) voting us into their English setup.

While they have a clan-mentality of their own, I doubt the English turkeys are equally foolish as their Scottish fellows and would vote for x-mas. I cannot see any of them (or indeed a majority) voting us into their English setup.

we had grounds to make appeal to move as the SFA would not transfer our SFA mambership from Oldco.

we had grounds to make appeal to move as the SFA would not transfer our SFA mambership from Oldco.

The SFA did transfer our membership - that is one of the main points that proves we are the same club.

It was the SPL clubs vote not to transfer the clubs share in the SPL that caused the problems - we were effectively kicked out the SPL. Due to not being relegated, we couldn't then drop into the 1st Division etc....

I think in the Conference and below, there is not much of a Christmas and so the gains for playing against Rangers could outweigh the loss of losing a promotion spot - which wouldn't affect most of them.The lower the leagues you go, the carrot of playing us becomes relatively greater and the stick of potential loss of promotion diminishes.

I would have been happy to start in say the National League North.

The SFA did transfer our membership - that is one of the main points that proves we are the same club.

It was the SPL clubs vote not to transfer the clubs share in the SPL that caused the problems - we were effectively kicked out the SPL. Due to not being relegated, we couldn't then drop into the 1st Division etc....

And if it is found we were indeed the victim of a fraudulent acquisition by Whyte those ten SPL must be brought to account for that decision to expel Rangers from the then SPL.

They will have questions to answer and even more so if the BTC goes in Rangers favour at the SC.

And if it is found we were indeed the victim of a fraudulent acquisition by Whyte those ten SPL must be brought to account for that decision to expel Rangers from the then SPL.

They will have questions to answer and even more so if the BTC goes in Rangers favour at the SC.

That is all true and well and we actually may sue them for loss of income and face and whatnot ... and Scottish football would go down the drain. They will claim (and probably get every "judge" in Scotland agreeing) that they acted in the best interest of the game and all info available to them at the time. Sporting integrity and all. It will most likely prove to be rather difficult to argue against it that much, though the shame this whole affair heaps upon all parties concerned will be enormous. And sadly enough, sooner forgotten than our disaster. This would be "fun" if we were in the US of A though ...

Edited by der Berliner

eventually they did

as of the friday evening before we played on the sunday we didn't know we were going to be able to compete - an absolute scandal.

its all moot now and it wouldn't have been a success any way under green etc.