Dave King Statement ( and interim accounts)

I had a walk around Ibrox pre match and the amount of people going into the shop was incredible!,disappointing really!,obviously a lot of fans are unaware of where there money is going,or worse they don't care!.

IIRC, there has to be three sets of audited accounts which should be the case (2013/2014/2015). Especially since we have no external debt and are showing progress in reducing costs and increasing income.

Ultimately though UEFA will decide whether or not they'll grant us a licence for their competition.

I'm not sure that UEFA will draw any distinction between "external" debt and the debt that we have. It's still owed to third parties, whether they are directors/shareholders or not.

I don't think the debt will be a problem. Other clubs have been in euro competitions recently with debt on their books. I think also it's the SFA who put forward clubs for these competitions. They could put forward any club regardless of accounts. And we have 3 years accounts now anyway so if we won the Scottish Cup there would be no problems putting us forward for a Euro place. And I don't think we're going to win it anyway

Good news all round.

If Dave King thinks he can still have a working relationship with ashley,then he must have a very forgiving nature,(considering he wanted him jailed not so long ago.)

IMO,its not feasible,or desirable.

Most successful businessmen tend to put aside personal relationships and feeling, to try to work out the best deal for the company, even if it means dealing with people they hate.

Most successful businessmen tend to put aside personal relationships and feeling, to try to work out the best deal for the company, even if it means dealing with people they hate.

Ashley is coming under increasing pressure from SD shareholders, government departments and others. He is fast becoming toxic. While I want him out of our club I think that King has played a blinder here - he holds out an olive branch with a view to incresing both companies profits. I suspect Ashley will refuse. More fool him.

This wont be the case in this instance.Ashley isnt "most" buisnessmen.Fair play to Dave King for trying though.

I'm not sure that UEFA will draw any distinction between "external" debt and the debt that we have. It's still owed to third parties, whether they are directors/shareholders or not.

Yep. We have Spanish clubs and even the likes of ManU who are billions in debt, yet get their place in Europe. Platini's talk about financial fair play was all fine, but you still look at PSG or Chelsea or ManC et al, who are no-where near that fincial fair play stuff, despite getting millions from TV deals. Yet, if essentially "small" clubs like us (when it comes to swinging millions about) are put under the microscope, they get out the white-hot irons and try to enforce laws that are ignored elsewhere.

In any case, it is for the SFA first to allow teams to participate "for them" in Europe next season, IIRC. After that it comes to UEFA and the three year rule was only an issue last year, but we never came close to that. The three-year accounts stuff should be no issue this time around.

Edited by der Berliner