Accrington have an injury concern over Matt Crooks

Accrington have an injury concern over Matt Crooks for the home clash with Wycombe.

The influential winger sustained a knock during Saturday's 2-1 win over Plymouth and had to be substituted before half-time.

Defender Adam Buxton returned after illness against Argyle and should keep his place.

But forward Josh Windass (hernia), defender Dean Winnard (chest) and striker Terry Gornell (ankle) are set to miss out again.

Wycombe boss Gareth Ainsworth plans to utilise his squad with two long trips in five days - after Accrington they head to Carlisle on Saturday.

Sido Jombati, Stephen McGinn and Sam Wood are in contention for recalls after dropping to the bench for the weekend win over Stevenage.

Experienced midfielder Marcus Bean made a welcome return as a late substitute after missing the last fortnight with a hamstring strain and should be involved again.

Goalkeeper Alex Lynch remains sidelined with a torn thigh muscle.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/english-league-two/match/423527/accrington-stanley-wycombe-wanderers/preview

Influential winger?:eek2: Not another winger surely.

According to the all-knowing Transfermarkt he is a Defensive-Midfielder. I suspect if he's being called a 'winger', then it must be because he's been playing at Full-back. I suppose if one isn't watching their games regularly, Full-back can be easily misinterpreted as winger. He'll be a Defensive-Midfielder for us, and perhaps as a stop-gap for any position along the back line if and when required.

With the report coming from ESPN, I would take it with a huge pinch of salt. Any time I have read something on ESPN regarding anything other than the very top of football, the pieces I found to be regularly full of errors. A bit like asking Chick Young for tactical analysis.

I see him as a like for like swap with Dom Ball i.e. cover for defensive midfielder and central defence only. Ideally, I would like Ball to spend another season on loan with us and then hopefully snap him up on a Bosman at the end of that period. Very decent player but no chance of getting into that Spurs team in the foreseeable future.