[FT] Falkirk 3 - 2 Rangers (Miller 7; McKay 9)

"All the promotion pretenders including Hibernian, St Mirren and Queen of the South were blown away with the high tempo and movement this Rangers team was producing."

Anyone remember the fixture list coming out last season and seeing we had all of these teams to play early doors ?

Was I the only one that thought "Scottish football stitches up a brand new Rangers team by having them play their anticipated closest rivals in the first handful of games". Oh how wrong they were - it worked absolutely in our favour as those teams were so confident that we were a poor team that they came out and had a go.... to their detriment !

Bring it on. Another 3 points please - though I wouldn't mind seeing Falkirk promoted along with us - don't like Houston but like the way they play. If I'm honest, I wouldn't mind either Falkirk OR Hibs getting promoted - we could do with some freshness in the top tier so having two from the Championship would help that - and whoever doesn't go up alongside us, if they stay together as a team, will have a cracking chance next season.

Falkirk can go six-points clear of third-placed Hibernian with victory over league leaders Rangers on Friday.

The Bairns are without midfielder Mark Kerr, but welcome back Aaron Muirhead.

Harry Forrester is available for Rangers after shaking off the sickness bug which forced him off at half-time during last week's victory over Morton.

Rob Kiernan returns from suspension, but on-loan Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem has not yet recovered from a knee problem.

Peter Houston's side have lost just once in their past 19 Championship matches, that defeat coming at Ibrox at the end of January.

Rangers have won two of the three meetings between the sides this season, but lost on their last visit to Falkirk Stadium.

Mark Warburton's side are 14-points clear of Falkirk at the top of the Championship, and victory against the Bairns would leave them needing just four more wins to secure promotion back to the top flight.

The managers

Falkirk manager Peter Houston: "If I'm being honest third was probably the target at the start of the season, but now that we're in a position where we can get second I honestly believe that we've got a group of players who think they can do it.

"We're looking forward to the run-in rather than fearing it and I want us to be playing well going into them.

"Mentally if you're winning going into the play offs then you're going in strong so for that reason I think we'll go with what we've got."

Rangers manager Mark Warburton: "You've got to enjoy it. If you can't enjoy this sort of thing, don't play football.

"There are good times and tough times. We're in a good place right now so you have to enjoy it.

"But we've not won anything yet. I want the guys to get their rewards. They have worked so hard from the first day of pre-season.

"Whatever job you are in, when you work hard you want to take something out of it. The guys have adapted to the new demands here and we couldn't ask for more, so I'm keen they get to the end of the season, get their rewards and then kick on."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35781511

You can feel the pain in that article!,petty!, amateur! , bias!

Edited by ian1964

St Mirren could be more evidence that the league is reasonably strong, they've just been relegated with a parachute payment and not coped at all.

However, I think outside the top 3, the best of the rest are for me, teams that would only last a season or two in the top tier - especially once you promote the top 3.

I see Rangers as a top 2, Hibs as a potential top 6 and Falkirk as more a bottom 6. However, that's three strong sides plus St Mirren, and a couple of more sides better than an SPL bottom team. That does makes a stronger than usual second tier - relatively speaking as we are talking about the current Scottish leagues.

Maybe the point is how weak the top tier is...

RANGERS: Foderingham; Tavernier, KIernan, Wilson, Wallace; Ball, Halliday, Holt; King, Miller, McKay.

SUBS: Bell, Law, Shiels, Clark, Forrester, O’Halloran.

MARK WARBURTON has made two changes for this evening’s Championship clash with Falkirk at the Falkirk Stadium.

In defence, Rob Kiernan returns following suspension and replaces Dominic Ball who moves forward into a holding midfield role.

The back five therefore is a familiar one, with Wes Foderingham in goals, James Tavernier at right-back, Kiernan and Danny Wilson and captain Lee Wallace, as ever, at left-back.

In midfield, Ball will hold with Andy Halliday and Jason Holt just in front of him.

In attack, Billy King comes in for Michael O’Halloran and joins Kenny Miller and Barrie McKay in the standard 4-3-3 formation.

On the bench, just six players are available and they are Cammy Bell, Nicky Law, Dean Shiels, Nicky Clark, Harry Forrester and Michael O’Halloran.

RANGERS: Foderingham; Tavernier, KIernan, Wilson, Wallace; Ball, Halliday, Holt; King, Miller, McKay.

MARK WARBURTON has made two changes for this evening’s Championship clash with Falkirk at the Falkirk Stadium.

In defence, Rob Kiernan returns following suspension and replaces Dominic Ball who moves forward into a holding midfield role.

The back five therefore is a familiar one, with Wes Foderingham in goals, James Tavernier at right-back, Kiernan and Danny Wilson and captain Lee Wallace, as ever, at left-back.

In midfield, Ball will hold with Andy Halliday and Jason Holt just in front of him.

In attack, Billy King comes in for Michael O’Halloran and joins Kenny Miller and Barrie McKay in the standard 4-3-3 formation.

On the bench, just six players are available and they are Cammy Bell, Nicky Law, Dean Shiels, Nicky Clark, Harry Forrester and Michael O’Halloran.

I thought he was going to put youth players on the bench?