Alan Judge: I'd love to work with Warbs again... just not at Rangers

How is he a bigot ?

Sounds bigotted to me - a Catholic Dubliner who refuses to play for Rangers? It's supposition but has pretty good grounds. Then their's the veiled implication that Rangers fans would harm him for being a Catholic from Dublin. Again maybe we're inferring it but we're not daft.

I wonder if he took advice from Mr Peter Houston, who may have advised, as he did with D. Goodwillie,

that moving to Glasgow would see him stabbed.

Of course, that intervention probably allowed us, totally unintentionally, I may say, to dodge a bullet.

(PS Happy Independence Day.)

Thanks mate and welcome. Have a nice one yourself.

How is he a bigot ?

I'm aware he's not being literal, at least I hope not but who exactly would "kill him" if he went to Rangers?

And why couldn't he go to Rangers?

He could very well be a huge Celtic fan and have a huge Celtic family and mates....that's fair enough.

I'm sure O'Halloran does too though. As for Scott Allan.......

Point is we're supposed to be beyond this...what with Daly and Keirnan.

It might not be bigotry but it does reinforce perceptions we've moved away from IMO.

Sounds bigotted to me - a Catholic Dubliner who refuses to play for Rangers? It's supposition but has pretty good grounds. Then their's the veiled implication that Rangers fans would harm him for being a Catholic from Dublin. Again maybe we're inferring it but we're not daft.

Refusing to play for Rangers makes someone a bigot now ? The reference to "getting killed" could just as easily be construed as a throwaway comment much akin to the way we would say "if I did that my Mum would kill me".

Personally I find it a stretch to suggest he is a bigot based on what he said in that interview. If that is how we define a bigot these days then we really have gone PC mad.

Refusing to play for Rangers makes someone a bigot now ? The reference to "getting killed" could just as easily be construed as a throwaway comment much akin to the way we would say "if I did that my Mum would kill me".

Personally I find it a stretch to suggest he is a bigot based on what he said in that interview. If that is how we define a bigot these days then we really have gone PC mad.

Have to agree, I have often said ''if my mother was alive she would kill me'', let's not get over paranoid!,if I was good enough to have the BHEASTS interested in me I would say the same thing!,well I mean a good few years ago now:p

Hi Craig,

You've avoided my reply that dents your argument a bit and instead focused on another.

Could you address my point?

Thank you.

Re the bigot stuff and the debate thereafter ... folks, he says:

"I had that call in the summer and I went 'Are you kidding me? I'd get killed if I went up there!'

You can twist this line about to serve some agendas, it is clear that in this context, it is meant to paint us in a bad colour, as we - the Rangers support - are bigots and sure would "kill him". If people were to ask him now, he would roll out the "cheeky banter" and "it was a joke" (at our expense) stuff, which might be correct on his part, but not of the mhedia. Obviously, what they probably (conveniently) forgot is that we had Catholics linked before and those who threatened to kill them if they signed were their own ilk beyond the Pale. That we had Catholics galore, even in recent years, Irish and not so Irish, is conveniently forgotten. Or, which I suspect, cast aside to have a little (stereotypical) dig at us.

As I said, this is a non-story that can be best described as "stirring up shyte ahead of the OF game". And it is trying to show the ugly face of the OF game, which of course is clad in red, white, and blue. They are so unbelievably pathetic that it beggars belief.

Edited by der Berliner

Brentford ace Alan Judge: My comments about Rangers were just a big joke.. because I have loads of Celtic mates

THE midfielder has worked with Mark Warburton before at the English club and said he wants to work with him again some day.

BRENTFORD midfielder Alan Judge has used Twitter to clarify comments he made about Rangers and Mark Warburton.

In an interview earlier in the week, Judge was asked whether or not he would join Warburton at Ibrox, after the two had worked together at Griffin Park.

Judge laughed off the question and added: "No I wouldn’t be going to Rangers, not a chance. I had that call in the summer and I went ‘are you kidding me?’ I’d get killed if I went up there!

"Just if he ever moves on, he’s a manager I’d like to work with again.”

But the 27-year-old has taken to Twitter to say he was only joking and that he said the comments because he has a lot of Celtic -supporting friends:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brentford-ace-alan-judge-comments-7622553#GZwBfGLIk1VvwyZX.97