Rangers lose EBT side letters appeal...

LNS verdict: "Rangers FC is now owned and operated by Newco, which bears no responsibility for the matters for which we are concerned"

LNS verdict: "in these circumstances the financial penalty lies only upon Oldco and does not affect Rangers FC under its new ownership"

My understanding is the excuse used for the fine at subject is, Rangers broke the articles of association and were fined for that. Not for what LNS was looking at - even though it amounted to the same thing.

Pay the fine and let's move on ,don't see any point in trying to appeal we must have spent a kings ransome on legal fees .

I think it is just an SPFL tribuneral and not a court of law. I don't think we would have much legal fees.

I'll get slaughtered for saying this but I think we've little alternative other than to pay this fine if rules were broken despite what LNS says.

The club continued when we went from oldco to newco and so the newco should accept its responsibility here.

Edited by RANGERRAB

Controversial view point, possibly, but I'm personally in favour of footballing debts being paid by the club. Tax issues aside (they're a matter for the PLC and not the club) payments such as transfers are football payments so should be the remit of the football club, hence we still should be paying them. Likewise footballing monies coming in (transfer fees etc). If nothing else, it supports the same club argument!

Controversial view point, possibly, but I'm personally in favour of footballing debts being paid by the club. Tax issues aside (they're a matter for the PLC and not the club) payments such as transfers are football payments so should be the remit of the football club, hence we still should be paying them. Likewise footballing monies coming in (transfer fees etc). If nothing else, it supports the same club argument!

the argumets are irrelevant until the fraud case and tax hearing are concluded.