Tuesday's Title Parrrrrrttttteeeeee

I take on board your comments m8, and we are all entitled to celebrate or not whatever way we like. So although you won't be giving it the big knees up, you must remember there are a new generation coming through and this will be their first of many, tastes of victory

Personally I have really enjoyed the football this year and feel the progress we have made on and off th park is magnificent I remember 9 in a row and appreciate its not the same, however they tried to kill us off, they failed, on Tuesday we will be back and they know we will NEVER forget.

I will enjoy the party, I have one of the new generation with me at the Petro final and let's hope it's her first taste of victory.

WATP

The day I as a Rangers fan am happy to celebrate a second rate, second tier title at the second attempt that we were overwhelming favourites to win is thankfully a long way off as I have much bigger ambitions for our club than this level. It is a satisfactory part of the journey. Yes, the football this year at times has been much much better than anything seen at Ibrox probably since Advocaat's side were in their pomp and we are all right behind the manager and they deserve credit for doing the job they have done, but lets not get carried away is all I'm saying and see this for what it is.

It is only the end of the beginning of the journey, the hardest and most important part starts in July/August when we have to attempt to right the wrongs and put our haters to the sword (metaphorically!) and when we win 55 it may well see the biggest party since May 1997. It will certainly be the most satisfying of titles since "9".

COTW - It is great to hear you are taking the new generation to the Diddy cup final and I am certain she will have a great day and that will give her the taste of victory that she will taste again many many times in her Rangers supporting life.

Ian - Drinkaware.co.uk !!

The day I as a Rangers fan am happy to celebrate a second rate, second tier title at the second attempt that we were overwhelming favourites to win is thankfully a long way off as I have much bigger ambitions for our club than this level. It is a satisfactory part of the journey. Yes, the football this year at times has been much much better than anything seen at Ibrox probably since Advocaat's side were in their pomp and we are all right behind the manager and they deserve credit for doing the job they have done, but lets not get carried away is all I'm saying and see this for what it is.

It is only the end of the beginning of the journey, the hardest and most important part starts in July/August when we have to attempt to right the wrongs and put our haters to the sword (metaphorically!) and when we win 55 it may well see the biggest party since May 1997. It will certainly be the most satisfying of titles since "9".

COTW - It is great to hear you are taking the new generation to the Diddy cup final and I am certain she will have a great day and that will give her the taste of victory that she will taste again many many times in her Rangers supporting life.

Ian - Drinkaware.co.uk !!

So the sell out crowd won't be celebrating winning the ''diddy'' cup?,pointless going then!,we are where we are mate,I just enjoy watching Rangers winning whatever game they play

Edited by ian1964

Just as in the 4th tier and the 3rd tier, winning this title is nothing to get all excited about. It is no more than what should happen given the resources and opposition. That we somehow managed to completely mess it up last year is to our eternal shame. I will do what I done when winning the 4th div and the 3rd div - wait until the trophy is presented, applaud, and then leave. A lap of honour is taking it too far. When we win 55 in either 2017 or 2018 that will be one of the sweetest days of being a Bear, and the celebrations will be well earned and go on long and hard, but until then, it is all just a part of the journey.

Just the same with winning the diddy cup, nothing to celebrate there. It should be 4IAR for that competition given the standard of opponent and our squad of players each year, but again we managed to mess up every time until now. If we lose to Peterhead, I will repeat what I said when we lost to Raith, the manager should resign. Simple as. It won't happen this time though as we are far too professional and too good a team for that to happen again.

I will most certainly celebrate winning through to the SC Final - if it happens - as we are a huge underdog going into that one against our oldest and fiercest rival and it would be a fantastic achievement to win that match. That will be the biggest achievement of the three for me, obviously assuming that we will then go on to win the trophy against another one of our most hated rivals. I think a 6-2 victory over Hibs in the final will be the perfect symmetry to the season!

I wouldnt rule out a St Mirren result tomorrow and final confirmation of our promotion to be complete by 5pm tomorrow.

I go back to my post about 'maybe'. We all think we can see the full canvas in front of us, and therefore we all think we know what is good and bad for us. But maybe not winning promotion back to the PL at first attempt was the best thing that could have happened to us. Maybe we wouldn't have Warburton. Maybe even with Warburton it was too early for the team and we could maybe be watching our team toiling in the PL at this moment while calling for Warburton's head.

Would it be a terrible thing if we lost to them in SC - maybe! Would it be fantastic in the long run if we beat them - maybe (they could go out and get a new manager that has them flying - who knows). But I'm leaving it in the hands of the Gods now 'cos I never seem to guess correctly what lies ahead.

Edited by Anchorman

By celebrating I mean giving it the full Drifters and bevvy session afterwards, not merely applauding them winning the match and lifting the trophy. We must want to win every trophy we enter, and therefore be satisfied when this is achieved. The fact we have sold so may tickets for Hampden is testament to our support buying into our progress this season, but it is hardly the type of achievement to have the Bears hugging and dancing in the aisles at a great victory. Anything less than victory in this trophy is abject failure, and it is to our shame that we have managed to cock it up 3 years running, for which Ally should have been punted the morning after Raith, and again after Alloa. QotS was an injustice and not really his fault in the first season but we still should have had the game sewn up and went on to lift the trophy.

Maybe I am just saving up all these small victories and steps towards what I have been salivating towards since our fraudulent demotion - 55 - and the biggest party seen in 20 years amongst Rangers fans. Since 2012 I have been looking forward to our final home game of next season (or perhaps the one after) when we will have OUR trophy presented to us again. Now that will be a celebration worthy of the name!

I go back to my post about 'maybe'. We all think we can see the full canvass in front of us, and therefore we all think we know what is good and bad for us. But maybe not winning promotion back to the PL at first attempt was the best thing that could have happened to us. Maybe we wouldn't have Warburton. Maybe even with Warburton it was too early for the team and we could maybe be watching our team toiling in the PL at this moment while calling for Warburton's head.

Would it be a terrible thing if we lost to them in SC - maybe! Would it be fantastic in the long run if we beat them - maybe (they could go out and get a new manager that has them flying - who knows). But I'm leaving it in the hands of the Gods now 'cos I never seem to guess correctly what lies ahead.

I get what you are saying, however there is no "maybe" about losing to them this time - it will bloody hurt and it will be an absolutely terrible thing! I can accept that not gaining promotion has made it easier to make the transitions within the club to enable us to have a really good punt at it next season with an more experienced management and staff than we would have had to run with this year had we beaten Motherwell. I think MW was lined up either way to come in so I dont think we would have lost out on MW if McCall took us up. I recall most of us were saying something along those lines when we were leaving Fir Park last year.

I get what you are saying, however there is no "maybe" about losing to them this time - it will bloody hurt and it will be an absolutely terrible thing! I can accept that not gaining promotion has made it easier to make the transitions within the club to enable us to have a really good punt at it next season with an more experienced management and staff than we would have had to run with this year had we beaten Motherwell. I think MW was lined up either way to come in so I dont think we would have lost out on MW if McCall took us up. I recall most of us were saying something along those lines when we were leaving Fir Park last year.

I agree 100% with you about the pain of losing to them but the point I am making is - if we somehow overcome them next year (because they held on to Deila too long after beating us) would I feel pain then? Don't get me wrong, I would much rather experience the euphoria of beating them. The only point I'm making is that we can never see the full canvas.

Edited by Anchorman

It is a hard one Anchorman. If losing the cup allows Delia to "do the roar" and get another season where we will see him implode and allow us a fairly easy ride to the title, then yes I would probably take that. It seems to be certain that Delia will be moved on at the end of the season if they lose to us in the cup, or if they somehow manage to blow the league. There is no doubt that Delia staying will be beneficial to our aims next season, but given how many people knocked them back before they appointed Delia as 5th or 6th choice, there is no certainty that anyone who could improve them dramatically would take the job.

Having to play a second season in the Championship is a blessing in disguise as we might not have pursued MW & DW if we had come through the play-offs and I hate to think how many of the fakers sorry players from last season might still have been kept SCARY:facepalm:

Im pretty certain Ronny is gone regardless of what he achieves between now and the end of the season. I think if we lose to Celtic it'll hurt more than last year as we had less than no chance last year and that celtic team really should've destroyed us. If we play to our best and rise to the challenge then we can beat them, these guys have got to believe even now that they are more than a match for them. Lets hope its an excellent April for us with a further party in May