Derek Johnstone: Ally McCoist should be invited to Ibrox title party

My list of people to hate is full to overflowing, Ally is not on that list, so for me he's welcome back anytime.

I agreed, but I use the word hate very, very sparingly. Whyte and Green would be two I would choose to use that word on. Ally ? Never.

The club was struggling for money, leading to deals being made with the fat Cockney **** at the same time as McCoist was sitting in the house drawing an astronomical salary for doing nothing. The goals he scored, for which he received great praise and was paid handsomely, have nothing to do with his later actions.

He wasn't sitting in the house, he was in the garden.;)

Sad that a man who scored so many winning goals for the club,held it together against big odds,got us through the first two seasons in the lower divisions but made signing mistakes in the Championship is vilified for holding on to his agreed salary,which was his right.

Overlooking that blip I think there is still a place for him to be invited to a game.

I think it is more the fact that DK asked him to renegotiate his contract and Ally declined to do that,not his salary as such!

The club was struggling for money, leading to deals being made with the fat Cockney **** at the same time as McCoist was sitting in the house drawing an astronomical salary for doing nothing. The goals he scored, for which he received great praise and was paid handsomely, have nothing to do with his later actions.

Also McCoist did nothing to correct the idea that he was investing in the share issue same as every other fan, when in fact he was getting 70 times more shares than the rest of us for the same money. He fully supported Green when it suited him financially.

McCoist is still held in high regard by supporters and Johnstone hopes he will be able to play his part in marking the end of The Journey and perhaps join the celebrations this month.

The end of what?

Topics like this one just stir up a load of crap. Presumably why it gets printed.

mccoist missmanaged us.

He mis-managed us . You can say that again. We were awful to watch with little or no evidence of tactics or preparation for games .He got away with it in the bottom two part time divisions but got found out in the fulltime Championship.

Not only that he took advantage of the situation at Rangers at the time. The old board were saving their own skins & weren't going to rid off him. He knew that and went on far too long and by the time he resigned we were miles off the top spot in the Championship to get automatic promotion.

We then had to try to get promotion via playoffs and that was difficult if not impossible for McCall with the squad McCoist had left behind.

And to finally rub salt into the wounds Rangers had to continue pay him a years salary from the exorbitant contract he had and he,allegedly, wouldnt agree to a settlement with King.

I'd never say never to McCoist returning to watch Rangers at ibrox but at the moment I'd suggest he stays away

Edited by RANGERRAB