Match Preview: Peterhead vs Rangers

MW is quoted today as saying Waghorn will not be fit for the game against the scum. No chance he'll make this one if that's true Ian.

Aye, I watched the press conference mate and he said it there

(I apologise in advance to those that do not like the poems -- I can't help myself!)

I've read it three or four times and still don't get it, or its relevance to our match on Sunday.

An otherwise excellent preview Rousseau, many thanks.

Ok, I was going to leave it at that but I can't - "rousing" ??? For someone so clearly at ease with the English language, you pick rousing to describe our victory over Dumbarton!!! I'm certainly no wordsmith, but I can think of many adjectives I would use to describe that game and rousing wouldn't be on that list. Drab, dull, lacklustre immediately spring to mind, but I would also agree with historic, satisfying etc.

Edited by Tannochsidebear

As many here will recall I am no fan of Miller, but it is an absolute certainty that he will start the game on Sunday. I also can't see Ball coming in as a dry run for next week as the opponents and styles are so different it would not be beneficial to do so. He has had plenty of game time recently so doesn't need a game if as expected he comes in to protect our two bombscares next week.

Looking forward to Sunday's diddy cup final to lay the ghost of Raith & Alloa to rest. Got a fabulous lunch booked at the Bear-owned Ivory Hotel on Langside Rd with a lot of my RSC and then the traditional walk over the hill to Hampden as I have done dozens of times before for cup finals, and back to the Ivory for a refreshment or two to finish off.

I don't think I have ever seen us as such a short priced favourite before mind you! No matter the team selection, it should be a stroll in the April sunshine (it's always sunny for our cup finals right?) for those selected. And it has to be said that what a crowd of bears we have backing our team on for a minor trophy. Getting on for 45000 bears in a capacity crowd will see Hampden bedecked in blue and see Lee Wallace lead the team up the stairs (or does everyone now do it Captain last these days?) to lift the trophy and give us the perfect build up to the big one next week.

As many here will recall I am no fan of Miller, but it is an absolute certainty that he will start the game on Sunday. I also can't see Ball coming in as a dry run for next week as the opponents and styles are so different it would not be beneficial to do so. He has had plenty of game time recently so doesn't need a game if as expected he comes in to protect our two bombscares next week.

Looking forward to Sunday's diddy cup final to lay the ghost of Raith & Alloa to rest. Got a fabulous lunch booked at the Bear-owned Ivory Hotel on Langside Rd with a lot of my RSC and then the traditional walk over the hill to Hampden as I have done dozens of times before for cup finals, and back to the Ivory for a refreshment or two to finish off.

I don't think I have ever seen us as such a short priced favourite before mind you! No matter the team selection, it should be a stroll in the April sunshine (it's always sunny for our cup finals right?) for those selected. And it has to be said that what a crowd of bears we have backing our team on for a minor trophy. Getting on for 45000 bears in a capacity crowd will see Hampden bedecked in blue and see Lee Wallace lead the team up the stairs (or does everyone now do it Captain last these days?) to lift the trophy and give us the perfect build up to the big one next week.

Frankie and I are free to attend!:)

You're spot on, it is a perfect game before the semi, a good win in this one and it really sets us up for the SC.

Frankie and I are free to attend!:)

You're spot on, it is a perfect game before the semi, a good win in this one and it really sets us up for the SC.

I think there are about 20-30 of us booked in and it is completely sold out mate, sorry! I didn't do any of the organising (our RSC chairman is the owners brother) but we have done this many times before for Hampden games and it's always a great way to start/end the day.

I think there are about 20-30 of us booked in and it is completely sold out mate, sorry! I didn't do any of the organising (our RSC chairman is the owners brother) but we have done this many times before for Hampden games and it's always a great way to start/end the day.

Ha! no problem mate, I was only joking,we will be heading to the Neptune club as normal and just get a taxi to Hampden..............well that is the plan anyway!!!

Ha! no problem mate, I was only joking,we will be heading to the Neptune club as normal and just get a taxi to Hampden..............well that is the plan anyway!!!

Good luck with the traffic from the Neptune to Hampden, you better give yourself plenty of time!

Good luck with the traffic from the Neptune to Hampden, you better give yourself plenty of time!

Ach it should be ok!,not much more of an option tbh!,getting a few beers near Hampden is not so easy!,it is a Sunday and normally only about a 10-15 min drive!!

As someone born and bred in the Bloo Toon who spent many a youthful day in the old Recreation Park (now sadly a Morrisons) watching the Highland League fayre the thought of watching them play Rangers at Hampden in a Cup Final is rather surreal. :crazy: