Warburton - Shopping List Nearly Complete

I'll throw this in. I think Kenny Miller may well be being groomed as a future coach. Not sure if he would get thrown in at the deep end but he would have that quick pass and move philosophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll throw this in. I think Kenny Miller may well be being groomed as a future coach. Not sure if he would get thrown in at the deep end but he would have that quick pass and move philosophy.

I'm not sure how you can say he will have that philosophy given he has never coached.

Just look at McCoist - his teams played very, very differently from the way that he played.

An interesting debate but having watched Hearts v Dons from that Neilson would be more suited than McInnes as Aberdeen did nothing but launch long balls forward whereas Hearts played football,I would not like to go back to not needing a midfield.

I'm not sure how you can say he will have that philosophy given he has never coached.

Just look at McCoist - his teams played very, very differently from the way that he played.

His teams played the way they did because he had absolutely no idea about organisation, tactics, gameplans etc.

It was all a jolly earning a ridiculous salary in the process until he got found out.

His teams played the way they did because he had absolutely no idea about organisation, tactics, gameplans etc.

It was all a jolly earning a ridiculous salary in the process until he got found out.

But that's my point really.... Just because Miller PLAYS the pass and move game doesn't mean his teams would.

I can see where your coming from given his coaching with the youths etc , but I still think Wallace has more potential , given the whole persona round him and the way he conducts himself , that's no criticism of Kenny M

If MW leaves Rangers it will be after he has finished his project,which is still a few years away!,he has assembled a whole back room team,he has/is trying to persuade players that coming to play for Rangers with a packed Ibrox is fantastic,if anyone thinks he is going to jump ship to go back down south then they really don't understand the man!

Well for a start Miller looked finished under Ally and looks ten yrs younger under MW. After seeing both types of play which one do you think Miller (if he got the job) would adopt?

Unfortunately I think the more successful MW is at Rangers the sooner he'll be tempted back down south.

That is why the board must plan ahead & identify successors even at this early stage.

I'm not sure DW would be the obvious shoe-in either as he's no real record in management. I'd fear a McCoist II - the sequel.

I actually take the opposite view , though I fully get where your coming from . MW is striving for something proper , something grounded and solid , I might not be expressing how I feel or explaining this in the right way , but what we are and what we have at Ibrox and with us the fans , they simply don't have down south . Yes the money and the glamour I get that , but we are an institution , I believe he wants to be more than a 3 year stint in our history , my gut tells me he gets us and we gave gotten inside him , when he walks up those amazing marble staircase steps he breathes in our history , good and bad , you cannot simply cannot buy that nor the chance of immortality.

I think the board will be looking for and picking a manager with the same outlook as Warburton if he leaves. I think he would jump at the top clubs as would most people but i do not see him leaving for a Swansea or Fulham type club. He could be guaranteed European football every year with us which he will not be given at a smaller club.

I think if England or Spurs call he will be away without thinking about it. I believe when he does leave though it will be on good terms and that he can hold his head high.