Warburton - Shopping List Nearly Complete

RANGERS are well on the way to shoring up their shopping list for this summer’s transfer window – according to their manager.

Mark Warburton confirmed that work on potential new Gers was well underway and was making promising progress.

The former Brentford man also said his side’s requirements could change if Gers were to make it to the Scottish Cup Final.

Warburton said:

“The planning has been in place for weeks, the meetings have been taking place and targets are still playing in other leagues so we have to make sure we don’t impact that.”

“We have to try and get the work done now and then when the time is right then you hope that if you can get three of four out of your five targets then you will be in good shape.

“We know we need four or five to come in and we will lose a few with the loan boys going back so we need to get the players in and ideally they’re in by June 18 when we come back for pre-season.”

“Our job is to highlight the level of recruit we need, maturity, experience, young, hungry etc. but we have done that.

“We are working closely with the board now and so far so good but you don’t know until the player signs for you, there are so many ifs and buts that could happen in the meantime.

“We have to have options and put forward our first, second and third choice and hope we land the specific targets.”

“Things depend on whether we will have a European campaign; we won’t know that until after our semi-final. In that case we’d need one or two more.”

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/shopping-list-nearly-complete/

The meticulous planning is there for all to see. I just wonder how the yahoos will react. Will they keep Ronny the Viking or look elsewhere?

At long last Rangers look like we are going places run by the right people on and off the park.

From a football perspective It is really is such a pity we had to waste three and a half years under the McCoist fiasco. Belatedly we now resemble a 21st century team on the park and will improve further next season I'm sure

Edited by RANGERRAB

Saw an article earlier today saying that Liverpool looking at their 10m ace Tierney. It might only be 5 to 8m from Southampton again, but it sickens you how they clean up their woeful finances with such EPL deals, not to mention EPL sides splashing this amount of cash ...

Edited by der Berliner

The meticulous planning is there for all to see. I just wonder how the yahoos will react. Will they keep Ronny the Viking or look elsewhere?

At long last Rangers look like we are going places run by the right people on and off the park.

From a football perspective It is really is such a pity we had to waste three and a half years under the McCoist fiasco. Belatedly we now resemble a 21st century team on the park and will improve further next season I'm sure

WOW, sounds like you are belatedly giving praise to the custodians of the club Rab :P

I'm "OK" with the 3 years we have "wasted" under McCoist.... Why ? Because had we replaced him 3, 2 or 1 year ago... we most likely would never have got Warburton. It was painful watching the team through those years... But had we replaced Ally previously then we may have ended up with someone else who "papered over the cracks" and got us promoted and had us thinking all was well. When it may not have been.

In essence, we should be thankful of the fact that we have got our promotion to the top tier albeit a season later than wished - and we should also be thankful of the management team that e have in place. One which is changing the very fibre of not only how we play on the pitch but how the footballing operations works off it.

The proverb "Blessing in disguise" couldn't be more apt.

Warburton isnt just building a team. Hes installing a football philosophy right through the club to grass roots level. Whats more hes laying t foundations that will see is well into the future.

In warburton i see a winner, a motivator and a leader. Failure is not in his vocabulary. Hes caught everyones attention right down to the tea ladies!

Its not about the money. He has a plan and i very much doubt he will leave until its been completed. Ill wager european success is in there too.

As for next season i dont expect millions to be spent on players. He knows what hes doing in the transfer market and i will trust his judgement whoever he brings in.

In warburton i trust. He is the messiah and will lead us on a path of success. I have no doubt in that.

WOW, sounds like you are belatedly giving praise to the custodians of the club Rab :P

I'm "OK" with the 3 years we have "wasted" under McCoist.... Why ? Because had we replaced him 3, 2 or 1 year ago... we most likely would never have got Warburton. It was painful watching the team through those years... But had we replaced Ally previously then we may have ended up with someone else who "papered over the cracks" and got us promoted and had us thinking all was well. When it may not have been.

In essence, we should be thankful of the fact that we have got our promotion to the top tier albeit a season later than wished - and we should also be thankful of the management team that e have in place. One which is changing the very fibre of not only how we play on the pitch but how the footballing operations works off it.

The proverb "Blessing in disguise" couldn't be more apt.

The new board have done well so far. The stadium is almost full for every home game & that in itself tells its own story.

Next season will be the big test for us however. A lot of decisions on & off the park need to be taken and it's imperative we make the right decisions.

Simply making up the numbers in the Premiership next season is not acceptable. The yahoos have been in decline year on year since we left. They are not formidable opposition by any means and we should be challenging for the title next season.

Spot on Rab.

Next season the Bears won't be calling for heads to roll as long as we see investment, improvement and finish at least second. Not many Rangers managers get a free pass for a season, but third place would always be unacceptable.

Obviously we have to play our part and buy tickets and anything else we can do to give the board/manager the resources necessary.

Saw an article earlier today saying that Liverpool looking at their 10m ace Tierney. It might only be 5 to 8m from Southampton again, but it sickens you how they clean up their woeful finances with such EPL deals, not to mention EPL sides splashing this amount of cash ...

I wouldn't listen too much to the values being thrown around. I have serious doubts over how much they actually get from selling their players. Most of their outgoing transfers are for "undisclosed" fees which suits both parties. Suits Celtic as it suggests they got more than they did, and it suits the purchasing team as it looks to their fans like they are splashing the cash.

I saw a tiny part of their game with Morherwell yesterday, and he looked decidedly average to me. At fault for McDonald's goal too